Hi from AZ; bought an `07 KJ 4x4 last year.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a used `07 in August last year to replace(?) a 4x4 S10(we still have it.)

I've read well over 50 threads tonight so I'll cover what's on my mind so far. I think it's a good solid vehicle (I'm biased towards RWD, so 4x4 is good too!)

As second owners, we've put 10k on it and it's still under warranty. I've rotated tires once and changed the oil once. The dealer from whom we bought had lifetime oil changes / car washes) but closed. :rolleyes:

I disabled the seatbelt chime and the door-lock honk. Is there a low-fuel light I can enable? (I read this: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35951&highlight=belt - It has never had this feature "on" and I didn't know if it had it.) My spouse seems to forget weekly that fuel pumps last longer when you keep them cooled with a fuller tank.

It has the power drivers seat. I would like to lower the seat even more so I can better see traffic signals, but it seems to have prevented photo radar tickets so I'm up in the air on that little welding job.

Both fronts and the passenger side rear window track assemblies have been replaced. My mother-in-law slammed the PS rear door effectively enough to do that one (it had no sign of a problem before.)

There's a lot of good info here. I've learned about bike-racks for the back (from a link,) the HVAC resistor, 4.7 swaps, numerous how-to's etc.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. A couple of us on here are from AZ (including myself).

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased from Cardinale Way. They closed up their GMC Pontiac dealer here, but I don't know if their CA dealerships are still around.

Guess I should visit the regional forum here.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased from Cardinale Way. They closed up their GMC Pontiac dealer here, but I don't know if their CA dealerships are still around.

Guess I should visit the regional forum here.
Was that the one up in Scottsdale? If you need dealer service you might try Airpark, haven't gone there myself but I've heard good things about them. There's also a dealer on McDowell between Scottsdale Rd. and Galvin Pkwy, (Power Chrysler/Jeep I think), I've pruchased some parts from them and they had decent prices (not heavily overpriced like some dealers can get).

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airpark has now fixed 3 of the power windows and has been great.

Latest posts

Members online