Hi And Kj Crd Oil Pressure Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webbie

Reaction score
Hi, new member from the uk great site lots of good information helped me make the choice to buy a KJ CRD 2.5. Question to you about the oil pressure warning light on the cluster. Mine on average takes 4 seconds hot or cold to go out seems a bit long but I know the message gets passed about from the engine module that needs to see a certain engine speed etc etc. Can anybody else feedback if there’s is the same, just frightens me to death when it takes so long although once its out it stays off and there are no death rattles during the 4 seconds. Thanks

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Webbie,

Welcome!

Mines exactly the same. I start her up and just wait a few seconds for the light go out before I set off.

Ian

webbie

Reaction score
Down in Daventry in Northants. Just got me a bit worried that's all having a few issues with this car since I bought it. Clutch went after 4 weeks that has got me cautious always the same with new cars takes a while to settle in with me without think how much more cash am I going to have to spend and the oil light was making me very nervous. Its running 5w-30w so that should be thin enough. I might look at taking the sender off and cleaning it up might be partially blocked. First thing is to do the catch tank for the breather (provent) I have set it up into a bottle at the minute until I can get around to buying a tank. Both the turbo hoses have gone porous, was going to change them until the dealer told me the price £220 ($400) for the two ! will now look at putting some alloy sections in and getting some silicon joints to bridge the gaps, or wait for the samco hoses.

webbie

Reaction score
Thanks Guys makes me feel a little better like you say its a crd thing just not used to it (yet). Not sure about the provent either but those intercooler hoses are pretty well soaked but it has got 70k on the clock. I have run it into a plastic bottle for now and there isn't any trace of oil in the bottle after about 60 miles. For the price of a catch tank and a bit of pipe I will try it anyway. I have a few other issues as well I could do with some help with but will post them in satges as I don't want to take over the site !!. Thanks again

webbie

Reaction score
Hey Tony those hoses look in good condition the ones on mine are just horrible just oozing oil you wouldn't want to get near them, after a run you can see around the engine bay where it has seeped though after any turbo boost, I hope samco come up with the goods pretty soon. Failing that I will try and locate some better ones and bond some aluminium sections in the straight bits for now until they do. I cleaned the sensor was not too bad pretty clean just oily no carbon build up like the ones shown on the lost site.

webbie

Reaction score
I am try to get some second hand ones now to use as a pattern and there is a place locallythat makes up aluminium thin wall tubing who may help. Do you know if the the 2.8 and the 2.5 the same or is the turbo outlet a bit bigger on the 2.8 ?. Cheers