Hey guys new member looking for help.

Discussion in 'KK General Discussion' started by Travis Kaminsky, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Travis Kaminsky

Travis Kaminsky New Member

hey guys 2008 Jeep Liberty owner here. Few weeks back was replacing a stripped lug spoke on my rear drivers side wheel, in pulling the rotor off broke rear speed sensor, easy enough fix I thought. Bought an aftermarket and still throwing abs, esp, traction control and service 4wd light. Talked around and replaced with an oem part, worked fine for 2 days and now started up again with the lights. Is it a faulty connection or what? Can I replace not just the sensor but the whole wiring harness for it. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Off the top of my tired head, the Rear speed sensor "Pigtail" connector should be available, consult dealer.
    Anyone got the part # or KK parts index handy?

3. Travis Kaminsky

Travis Kaminsky New Member

Thanks man, sorry forgot to mention in original post I replaced the harness with an aftermarket pigtail connection (the kind you have to wire clamp and heat shrink together) and still having problems. I see that I can purchase the front wheel sensor harness, like the full wire but nothing for the rear

4. lfhoward

lfhoward Full Access Member

I believe the part you replaced is:
    52125003AB
    SENSOR, Wheel Speed

However the diagram does not show a wiring pigtail that goes to it. You might need to visit a junkyard with a pair of wire cutters.

check:
    Correct wheel speed sensor part number?
    All wires connected and no wires crossed in fixing the pigtail?
    Follow the wires upstream from the pigtail and check for frayed wiring/grounding on part of the frame, especially if they got pulled with a bit of force.

LibertyTC likes this.
  5. LibertyTC

When it comes to connections, I prefer breaking out the Weller soldering gun, then heat shrink tube it.

6. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

I agree with LibertyTC that it is best to fit shrink tubing over the wires, solder the ends together, slide shrink tubing over the joint and heat it up with a Heat Gun.

You definitely need to ensure that you are connecting the correct wires together and as mentioned the force put onto the wiring at the time of the break could have caused damage to the harness further down the line.o_O

LibertyTC likes this.
  7. LibertyTC

Even though I have a heat gun at home, this is my on the road portable, works well !
    [​IMG]
    :)

turblediesel likes this.