Hey guys! New from WA!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up an 05 liberty crd limited a couple of months ago we traded my wife's 02 escape for it. That thing was a ****, anyway, I'm new to jeep, not new to diesel or forums. I'm on two other forums for ford trucks that shaggy admins. I'm a ford guy to the bone, but since I got my powerstroke two years ago I've been a diesel nut since, unfortunately the only diesel SUV ford offers is the excursion which my wife wanted nothing to do with. So we looked at the vw touareg, but it's was WAY out of our budget. So we decided to go for the liberty crd or the GC crd. They're both tough to find, the liberty's being more common and a little easier on the wallet, it's what best compared to our escape. So our liberty is a pavement pounder and always will be. But I'm eager to learn and find some mods that's are easy on the wallet (for now) because stock *****... Ha ha. So I'll show you some pics of the lineup, because I know forums love pics.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

05 liberty crd limited, bone stock, 108k miles and counting. The only thing I've done to it so far is brakes all around, take off the tire cover, and I had the windows tinted. I got a quarter of the way through clay barring and waxing, then out second daughter was born 3 months premature, it's been hectic as hell ever since. She's coming home in a few weeks so I'd like to get some stuff done, like tires ha ha. I was going to throw a 2.5 inch lift on it with new springs, but with my wife not working right now we need to budget. But the rig does NEED tires ha ha.

2001 f350 4x4 lariat 7.3l powerstroke diesel, 3.5 inch leveling kit on 35s, 4 inch straight pipe turbo back exhaust, bills custom intake into an ATS ported turbo housing with a bd diesel billet compressor wheel, jasper built transmission with upgraded cooler, valve body, clutches and torque converter, dp tuner, 60hp economy, 80hp towing, and 120hp racing.

And my wheeler, 94 Mazda b3000, 6 inch skyjacker on 35s, explorer 8.8 rear axle and springs, ranger bed, 98 ranger dash conversion (almost done), full custom roll cage in the cab and out the back of the cab, stock gears :(, bumper replacements, 8500lb winch, and a few other little things.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! :)

Couple suggestions: DO NOT get another set of those Goodyear Wrangler S/Ts. They are the WORST tire in production... personally I would get a set of A/Ts for good all-weather traction but anything is better than those. I also suggest making sure the timing belt has been done at least once at that amount of mileage!

PS - forgot to tell you how much of a beauty she is!! :cheers: :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! :)

Couple suggestions: DO NOT get another set of those Goodyear Wrangler S/Ts. They are the WORST tire in production... personally I would get a set of A/Ts for good all-weather traction but anything is better than those. I also suggest making sure the timing belt has been done at least once at that amount of mileage!

PS - forgot to tell you how much of a beauty she is!! :cheers: :D

Ba ha! Thanks for input but never would I put stockers back on! I had a ranger in the past with the same tires. Sucked. Ha ha. I'm thinking some nitto terra graps. Or bfg ATS like I have on my psd.

And thanks for the welcomes fellas.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ba ha! Thanks for input but never would I put stockers back on! I had a ranger in the past with the same tires. Sucked. Ha ha. I'm thinking some nitto terra graps. Or bfg ATS like I have on my psd.

And thanks for the welcomes fellas.

Good choices. :) I run Hankook Dynapro ATMs and I love em.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You could try general grabber AT2s as well. Little easier on the wallet than BFGs. I love them but to each his own!

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just been searching discount tires website. The last I remember nittos and bfgs were the two cheapest at. I should look at the grabbers though. Thanks for the heads up.