Hey everybody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in Phx Az 2003 liberty limited over 200k running daystar kit (yes I know it's a bumpy ride) 99 dakota 4x4 shocks in rear , stock springs all around ,Rancho shocks up front (can't remember which for the life of me) rocky road front strut trim packer, rocky road upper arms, sitting 255/75/17. I trail the hell out of mine been everywhere in Az. So far I'm diggn the forum!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy to hear you like the forum, Welcome. Arizona trails sounds like fun !
To eliminate that bumpy ride, would you consider the OME spring lift in the future?

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm always looking to upgrade something if possible and if budget allows it. Just gotta be honest when it comes to wheelin the set up I got has just worked for me,that being said tho a full length rear spring would look nice !

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When you get some time check out the KJ lift Kit Discussion section.
You would need to do both front and rear springs & shocks together.
When budget allowed, I started buying the parts, had it all ready in about 5 months with bump stops.
927/948 OME springs is what I have, sits level with good ground clearance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Talk about a smooth ride!

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean man! Yeah next time it's time to replace the suspension I'm prob gonna go that route

Attachments

• Resized_20200421_105426~2.jpeg
    Resized_20200421_105426~2.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 10

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
stock springs and a spacer lift can not ever be a good ride
Bet you would be shocked with a good OME lift, soooooooooooooo much better

Do me a favor, measure middle of the LEFT FRONT wheel to bottom of the flare and report back , just curious

Just noticed you do not have any front flares :(

Regeared at least ?

Last edited:

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock springs and a spacer lift can not ever be a good ride
Bet you would be shocked with a good OME lift, soooooooooooooo much better

Do me a favor, measure middle of the LEFT FRONT wheel to bottom of the flare and report back , just curious

Just noticed you do not have any front flares :(

Regeared at least ?
My backs are at 21.5 my front sits a little bit higher dont wanna guess a number but my nose does sit a bit up, haven't regeared it yet,so I do notice the loss in power, but I've been running the 255s for years now without the regear.....your right the ride isnt the smoothest,on the trail tho it's never done me wrong...but I would love to do the full length springs at least in the back one day.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So went back outside put one front fender on right quick an got 22.5 remeasured the back in the daylight and got 21.57ish

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Less flex in front, well in rear as well with spacers
spacer lifts wear out parts faster
Not regearing is terrible for the transmission since its always searching for the right gear, causing more heat in transmission and engine running hotter as well
Mileage takes a dump also, my 04 with 32s, 4.5 inches of lift, tons of extra weight due to skids, bumpers, rock rail etc gets 21-22 easy on the highway at 75 plus and runs at 197 degrees all day
But if only lifting one end, do the front with either bilstein or OME shocks, OME 927 coils and teraflex bumpstops and by now will need the JBA UCAs , won't say what I think of the RROs
But have fun out there, just sharing what we have found out over the last 16 plus years and over 60 KJ lifts here

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me I wish I could get my hands on some 4.10s this is my daily driver I bought it in '14 with 112k and I got 202k on it right now so I drive and have fun with it alot, so better gas mileage would be awesome ...and I see alot of people dont like RRO hell I've never had issues with there stuff i use it for my kj and my 91 xj..I got nothing but good things to say bout their stuff, I use the hell out of my jeeps and their stuff holds up...but thethen again the jba I've heard nothing bout positive also

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with 4.5 inches of lift up front I know your drive shafts had to be modified ,where can I get that!?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now with 4.5 inches of lift up front I know your drive shafts had to be modified ,where can I get that!?

Wrong, just NAPA remanned ones. Original right side one last over 175,000 miles lifted
That is on the 04 I bought new in Sept 04, lifted 4 months later
of course its had 4 different lifts, testing out what worked best etc Also tested the first Ironman lift shipped to the US and then installed on a friends KJ after test
As far as 4.10s go they are out there yet, just have to search. The 03 and 04 are both 4.10d and I have 2 extra sets in the spare garage ( NO not for sale LOL)

As far as RRO goes, many bad stories
I like the one where a buddy didn't listen, bought a set of UCAs, we tried to install them, would not fit, called RRO and guess who's fault it was. yes ours, we didn't know how to install them. Well duh ! They finally said to put them in a vice and bend them to fit. LOL
That evening called Marlin ( JBA ) he express shipped a set to me and guess what They fit !
Hundreds of stories like that, even before I started to play with KJs. Been building 4x4s for 45 plus years so know good and bad companies both.
Lot of good companies are no longer around, but seems bad ones continue on somehow

Members online

No members online now.