Hey everybody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlappyKJ

Reaction score
Fairly new KJ owner here. Not new to trucks or off-roading, but this is my first Jeep.

From NC, and just got my 04 Liberty in January. I love it so far (despite the ongoing problem with my TPMS, and having to replace a window actuator already). It's a Limited with the chrome wheel upgrade, pretty much fully load. Decent mileage, just over 55K.

Quick rundown of what got me here...
Had a few different cars back in high school, got my first truck at 17 (83 Ford Ranger). Traded up to an 89 Ford Ranger, loved it but it needed a valve job. Traded it on a 97 Dakota, hated it and the payments on it, got a 98 ZX2 for lower payments, better mileage. Got tired of it, traded it for an 03 Sentra SpecV. Show car, 4-time trophy winner (3 times at NOPI events). Had a falling out with the car club I was in, bought a 96 Bronco, sucked gas like a cheap ******. Traded both on an 06 Mustang GT. LOVED IT, slightly modified it, but the insurance and gas were killing me. Traded it for an 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3. Quick, handled like a go-cart, but needed a little more room and 4 wheel drive (I snow ski). Traded the 3 for the Liberty, and walked away with a $3000 check, can't complain.

So, that's my life's story (kinda). Looking forward to having some fun with the Liberty!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the KJ.

Your TPM problem, what exactly is it doing? The system reads your spare also. Make sure that is aired up.

Dave

SlappyKJ

Reaction score
Just got some pics today, as soon as I load them up on Photobucket, I'll post them on here.

As for the TPMS, every time I get in and start driving, it chimes once and flashes at me. Then every so often after that, it flashes at me again, but no chime. I had one sensor replaced, and the last time I had it in service, they told me they couldn't find anything else wrong. They said it may be a miscommunication between the TPMS and the overhead computer...

SlappyKJ

Reaction score
Delivered as promised. Here she is after a bath today. I still need to fully detail her, she's got some water spots and swirl marks.

You must be registered for see images attach

04, fully loaded. Lovin' it so far (minus the minor repairs)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, nice black KJ with the tow group, I guess. What are those tires, and what size?

SlappyKJ

Reaction score
Michelin Cross Terrain, 235/65/17. They were just put on there when I bought it. I've had the same tire on a 96 Bronco that I owned, good tires. Not optimal for off-roading, but good on-road, in snow, and for light off-roading.

Latest posts

Members online