Hey Drucifer....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rock rails left your front porch and migrated north up the Tachonic and took up residence on my back porch for now. But I think they want to sleep in the garage tonight.........:D

Thanks,
Dave

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rock rails left your front porch and migrated north up the Tachonic and took up residence on my back porch for now. But I think they want to sleep in the garage tonight.........:D

Thanks,
Dave
Didn't even notice they were gone and I was out there this morning taking measurements for a wheelchair left.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even notice they were gone and I was out there this morning taking measurements for a wheelchair left.

Pretty sneaky of me......eh?

The plan is to have them sandblasted next week, primed and painted and then clearcoated.

Not sure to paint them silver or black yet. I will need to decide by Monday.

Dave

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sneaky of me......eh?

The plan is to have them sandblasted next week, primed and painted and then clearcoated.

Not sure to paint them silver or black yet. I will need to decide by Monday.

Dave
I didn't like color they are now. Almost everything on my jeep is either Khaki or Black and they just didn't match.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^yea, I am unsure yet of the color. I need to decide by tomorrow at noon when I turn them over to my Son. If silver, I am afraid of it looking like "getto bling" so I am leaning towards black which will blend in real good with my black jeep...haha

Dave

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^yea, I am unsure yet of the color. I need to decide by tomorrow at noon when I turn them over to my Son. If silver, I am afraid of it looking like "getto bling" so I am leaning towards black which will blend in real good with my black jeep...haha

Dave
Are your wheels similar to mine - that dull gray silver or are they shinny chrome?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your wheels similar to mine - that dull gray silver or are the shinny chrome?

Yea, I got the OEM 17" chrome wheels and also that chrome plastic on the side that says "Liberty" since it's a Limited model. I think that's about as much chrome on the sides I can stand. That's why I am leaning real hard to black for the rails. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the black, but was thinking of silver just because it was an option for a black jeep.........What do you think??

I like the wheels you have and the grey breaks up the chrome on them so the rails are a greyish silver now and matched good when they were on your jeep. But on my black jeep I don't like the greyish silver.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online