Helping finding a lift kit

Discussion in 'Lift Kit Discussion' started by Riot, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Riot

Riot New Member

I've been searching the internet for months trying to find a simple 2-3inch lift for my 02 but so far I've had no luck only decent ones I see are way outta my budget or for 03 and up

So my question does anyone have any links to a decent lift that's kinda simple to put on that's not gonna break my bank?

Thanks in advance

2. Hedsic

Hedsic Full Access Member

You will need to clarify what your budget is. If it's under $700 or so I'd suggest forgetting the lift and saving a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Searching for months ?? Where have you been looking?
    Simple lift kit? They are all the same pretty much, and very simple to install
    Budget? If ( like mentioned above by Hedsic ) its under 750 or so, save up more cause it is not going to happen any cheaper .
    Check Ironman or OME full spring setups ONLY way to go
    Just say no to Rustys, Skyjacker, RRO, and any spacer lift
    YEARS of experience on here , LOSTJEEPs and JEEPFORUM, and if you ask on any of those sites you'll find the same answers
    Home page
    All J Products - Aftermarket Jeep Products, Boulder Bars, Bumpers, Jeep Lift Kits, Skid Plates and MORE!

4. hectikart

hectikart Full Access Member

Completely agree! Any kind of spacer lift is garbage and a waste of money. Definitely need to replace the coils, or else they'll be sagging again in 6 months. I have the ironman shocks and coils and I've been very happy with them. I've had the lift installed for almost 30,000 miles with no complaints.

5. wheeee32

wheeee32 Full Access Member

Trust us when we say to save your money for a quality lift kit. Quality is better and the ride is better. Check out jeepinbyal´s website.

6. pcoliver

pcoliver New Member

What's wrong with Skyjacker lifts?

7. streetglideok

streetglideok Full Access Member

Current ones are said to not be worth anything.

8. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Skyjacker and Rustys both have the same spring rating as stock.
    They will sag in no time , proven fact with those that have installed them

9. brokendad

brokendad Full Access Member

Ironman

If I may, I would suggest the Ironman lift. I installed mine last December and it consist of the following: Ironman rear coils and Bilstein shocks with one extra insulator and two hockey pucks on each side. The front has the higher rate Ironman coils and bilstein shocks with two conduit lock nuts and a top plate from Jeepin-by-Al. I have just had the third front end alignment done since the installation and it drives better than it did when it was new. Most shops will re-align your vehicle for a year after the original alignment. I live in rural Oklahoma and have several miles of bad dirt roads to drive before I get to pavement. I personally could not be happier with the ride, but to each their own. By the way it has settled to 22.5 inches plus or minus all the way around. Now if life will just calm down for awhile I will get those JBA A-Arms!
    :hunter:

Attached Files:

10. pcoliver

pcoliver New Member

Thanks brokendad! What size tires and wheels are you showing in your pics? Nice looking btw!

11. brokendad

brokendad Full Access Member

Tires & Wheels

The wheels are 16"x7" Cragar soft 8's with 4" backspacing and the tires are 245/70/16. I hope to up grade to Goodyear Dura-Tracs in 245/75/16 they will be a better fit in my opinion because they are not quite as wide of a tire. I will tell you that I originally had a Skyjacker lift and the ride and handling is horrible. Hope to see pictures of your Liberty when you get it done.
    :hunter: