Help with alarm sensitivity.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RF Dude

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity of the Mopar alarm system? Mine has started going off during thunder storms and about a week ago it went off when a motorcycle that was parked beside my Jeep pulled away. :shrug:

jeepsterkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been going off on it's own...It's parked in a front garden, away from traffic and the weather is warm and dry...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If so equipped by factory. All needed the remote keyless entry. The base unit had a blowing horn & the premium, contained a siren under hood & was mounted on passenger side.
Also incorporated a flashing alarm light in dash.
The Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) was a factory-installed option.
You can get your build sheet and view all of your jeep's build options:https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/build-sheet.64657/

The sensitivity is not adjustable as far as I know, it is all controlled by the PCM/ BCM & on board pressure sensors.
Yes a loud clap of thunder or motorcycle could set the alarm off is so equipped.
The dealer would have more information and a star scan, DRB scan tool can test the system arming/programming.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been going off on it's own...It's parked in a front garden, away from traffic and the weather is warm and dry...

Export Models have a switch that senses if the "hood" is firmly closed.
If someone tries to crowbar the hood upwards the switch makes and sets off the horn.

The switch is on the RHS of the engine bay aiming upwards.
The contacts may be dirty so any vibration could set the horn to go off.

I believe if you disconnect the connector from the switch then the alarm is disabled so no vibration should set it off.

Export models also have an optional alarm system that has a ceiling mounted sensor that senses the presence of occupants and can set off a Siren.

My basic Export model has the horn go off if I lock the doors using the remote key fob and then unlock a door using the key so likewise an oversensitive door switch could cause the alarm to go off!;)

BreeOge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so equipped by factory. All needed the remote keyless entry. The base unit had a blowing horn & the premium, contained a siren under hood & was mounted on passenger side.
Also incorporated a flashing alarm light in dash.
The Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) was a factory-installed option.
You can get your build sheet and view all of your jeep's build options:https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/build-sheet.64657/

The sensitivity is not adjustable as far as I know, it is all controlled by the PCM/ BCM & on board pressure sensors.
Yes a loud clap of thunder or motorcycle could set the alarm off is so equipped.
The dealer would have more information and a star scan, DRB scan tool can test the system arming/programming.

All I see on my build sheet is
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You probably then do not have the mopar VTSS alarm.
Sentry key, see your owners manual- This means only keys that are pro-grammed to the vehicle can be used to start and operate the vehicle.
The system will shut the engine off in two (2) seconds if someone uses an invalid key to start the engine.