Help.....Trying to install a Rusty's Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doubleajaybrock

Reaction score
Im having problems compressing the spring far enough down to attach the top of the strut...about a half an inch. Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise.:confused:

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't get it safely with the compressors then take the parts to a garage and have them assemble the struts. Shouldn't cost more than $40 total.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I've begun the installation of a Rusty's 2.5" lift on my 04 Liberty and I'm about to tear apart the front end. Where exactly do I fit the spacer? between the top of the strut & the fender?
You must be registered for see images

By the sounds of it I'm either going to have the Libby on a garage lift or jack the Libby's frame up in the air & drop the axles to the ground.

Hey, did you finish your lift "doubleajaybrock" and if you did where are your pics?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like youve got a OTT lift libertyfever. If so, you do not need to compress the spring, you need to fit it above the coil over like you said.

Hopefully you have extended bumpstops and Al's upper arms if youre going to use that lift.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you need to compress the spring then you need to put the spring compressor on the spring only
when you put it all back to together do not forget to install #20
or #21 will be shot very quickly and when you go to replace #21 it will about take your hand off

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im having problems compressing the spring far enough down to attach the top of the strut...about a half an inch. Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise.:confused:

should of been no problem to do since you picked the weakest springs you could buy. Rustys are the weakest ever, now if you had got the OME Heavy Dutys they are hard to compress