Help! Tire size and wheel offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volkav23

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 2009 Jeep Liberty North Edition and I just lifted it with 2.5 Suspension lift from Rough Country and I'm planning to buy a new set of wheels and all terrain tires. Does anyone runs with 16x8 with zero offset? And what size of tires that will fit this setup? Please help!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rough Country :(:mad::eek:
Did you buy all new springs and shocks as well ?
Reason I ask is if springs are already sagged then you will not get as much lift as they advertise
Next did you buy the jeepinbyal UCAs if not buy them soon it will help your front suspension last a little while longer
spacer lifts especially the Rough Country are very h a r d UBJs etc
Now onto your first question
IF you are actually 2.5 inches above new stock height then you can run a 265-70-16 on a 8 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing after pounding over the pinch weld
zero offset will give you issues when turning, will not be able to flex as much, etc
SO NOW
go out and measure from middle of the left front wheel to bottom of the flare and report back, this of course is after you have had an alignment and have a few miles on the suspension to settle it in

volkav23

Reaction score
Yes I did brought the springs and shocks from Rough Country, its been a week since I have it installed. I will report back tomorrow and measure it to see if it sagged already. And what does jeepinbyal UCA's do? Is it necessary to have them when you lift your jeep for daily driving? It is okay to run with stock UCA's for daily driving?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did brought the springs and shocks from Rough Country, its been a week since I have it installed. I will report back tomorrow and measure it to see if it sagged already. And what does jeepinbyal UCA's do? Is it necessary to have them when you lift your jeep for daily driving? It is okay to run with stock UCA's for daily driving?
On cheap spacer lifts they wear front end parts faster, one reason I refuse to install any spacer lift.
The JBAs will help some , instead of wearing out UBJs in a few months , they will last longer and you can rebuild them when they wear out
People have had to replace UBJs in as little as 4 months, just talked to a guy who replaced the UCAs 3 times this past year before he got smart and did a full spring lift
The RC springs are very weak as well as shocks so makes the suspension work harder

volkav23

Reaction score
So I measured my front left wheel today and is says 51cm or 20 inches?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you only got 2 inches of lift , not 2.5 like they advertise which thats what happens with spacer lifts
If you run a 8 inch wheel with 5 inches of backspacing you may get by with say a 255-70-16
I would sooner go 7 inch with 4 inch backspacing

volkav23

Reaction score
But if I cut the pinch welds will there be a problem with the fitment?

volkav23

Reaction score
will 245/75/16 fit on stock wheels?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
will 245/70/16 fit on 7 or 7.5 width wheels?
Lifted 7 inch wheel/ 4 inches of backspacing and 245-70-16s will work fine for you
Next time around go OME springs and either bilstein / OME shocks which will give you 2.5 inches of lift and can run a bit larger tire
plus the OME will last 100,000 miles or so

volkav23

Reaction score
Lifted 7 inch wheel/ 4 inches of backspacing and 245-70-16s will work fine for you
Next time around go OME springs and either bilstein / OME shocks which will give you 2.5 inches of lift and can run a bit larger tire
plus the OME will last 100,000 miles or so 16x7 with 15 offset will rub with 245/70/16?
plus the OME will last 100,000 miles or so
Ok I’ll do that next time… how about 16x7 with 15 offset 245/70/16 will cause rubbing issue?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
7 inch with 4 inch backspacing would be 0 , works good and looks great when lifted

Michael Noland

Reaction score
I have 1.5 inch lift on my 2005 CRD. I was told that was all that was available at the time. The 245-70-16 KO2s are great, and fit my stock rims. But, when turning maximum sharp at slow speed, I hear the tread rubbing. Worth it to me. My Jeep can go almost anywhere in snow and sand without issue.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 1.5 inch lift on my 2005 CRD. I was told that was all that was available at the time. The 245-70-16 KO2s are great, and fit my stock rims. But, when turning maximum sharp at slow speed, I hear the tread rubbing. Worth it to me. My Jeep can go almost anywhere in snow and sand without issue.
Depends on lift , I have done 5 CRDs with 3 inch lift ( OME 790s in front with small clevis, only springs to hold the CRD ) but with the way the diff sits in the CRDs that is as high as I would want to go
all had 245-75-16s installed before they left on stock wheels

volkav23

Reaction score
Hello, will this wheel and tire combo will fit my current lift?

Attachments

• 2022-01-06 (1).png
    2022-01-06 (1).png
    615.3 KB · Views: 22

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lifted yes
BUT
will stick out past flares about 1/2 inch or so
as far as tires that is only one size up from stock
will fit on stock height if no sagged springs on stock wheels
kind of narrow for an 8 inch wheel, will really spread the sidewalls out

volkav23

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 Rough Country Spring and Shocks, so if I go 16x8 with zero offset with 245/70/16 will there be any rubbing issues? Or 16x8 with 20 offset?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Measure left front, middle of wheel to bottom of the flare on level ground
why 8 inch wheels ?
7 inch wide with 4 inches of backspacing would work a lot better with a narrow tire like that and still put the wheel/tire combo out to edge of the flare

Latest posts

Members online