HELP! Shop can't do springs/shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said they can not get the nuts on and said it seems as if the wrong shocks, they do not extend enough....

Bilstein: 24-139168
OME 927 springs

Any ideas?

Jim

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can't compress the spring enough. Because of the type of compressor they are using. You have the right parts. The lift springs can't be compressed with a compressor that goes in the coils.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok I just talked to them and they said they got one side to work, your right the compressor was at fault, they are using a different one.

Man what a relief...LOL

Jim

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea dont worry i had the same problem a number of shops and friends told me it cant be done finally found a buddy of mine at a shop to get it done

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the "proper" coil spring compressor look like? Does it have a technical name?

I'm going to have to call around on this here soon myself... I can only imagine the frustrating conversations with my local morons that will ensue.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy who did mine had a hell of the time keeping it straight. Took them home and realized he forgot the washers. So I did it. After I paid him. Using clamp style spring compressors. It wasn’t easy or fun but I mananged.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy who did mine had a hell of the time keeping it straight. Took them home and realized he forgot the washers. So I did it. After I paid him. Using clamp style spring compressors. It wasn’t easy or fun but I mananged.

that *****, ive seen one fail without the washer, launched pretty good but it wasnt on the car. the shop that did mine didnt have them clocked right, but they fixed.