Help me get Cruising!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJLcanuck

Reaction score
I just purchase an 04 Liberty to pull behind the RV and it is in great shape. My only complaint is it doesn't have cruise. SO I lurked around this form and found out how to install it.
1) I did have the connection for the servo
2) I went to the wreckers and got a service and controls out of an 03
3) Installed the servo "bolted right in connect the vacuum line and cable"
4) Popped out the air back (disconnected battery first)
5) OOHH NO the connecter for the controls is different
The one in there has an 8 pin connector with 1 pin (second from the right side for the horn.
The one out of the 03 has 2 pin connector and a 4 pin connector each having 2 wires
I am assuming that if I GET THE WIRES IN THE RIGHT PLACE IT WILL WORK

Can anyone enlighten me please

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can download the Jeep KJ Service Manuals here....has some Theory of Operations as to Cruise control and Section 8W has the wiring diagrams.

unfortunately the 2003 is listed but not the 2004!

I presume you obtained a new steering boss with the controls for Cruise Control?

Other than that I personaly cannot help you...my 2002 Export 2.5 Diesel manual gearbox did not come with Cruise Control and the diesels do Cruise Control differently to the gasser way!

I know the Clock Springs have changed over the years.....my basic KJ has only 4 wires coming off the Clock Spring....horn and airbag. When I recently replaced the Clock Spring it had all the features that the 2006/7 has ie. plenty more leads for ESP, Cruise Control...probably radio system control etc.

Jeep KJ Service Manuals: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Latest posts

Members online