Help, I'm being drawn to the Dark Side...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T^2

Reaction score
I had a voicemail waiting for me when I got in to work this morning. It was from a local Ford dealership. I was informed that they had a sale this weekend on F-150's. The sale was $12,000 off the MSRP. That would basically put a fully loaded F-150 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab into the same price range as the Liberty Limited CRD that I ordered.

Of course the sale ended yesterday. The message was left on my phone after I left work last Friday, so I had no idea that the sale was going on. I suspect that there will be other sales on F-150's in the near future since the new model year will go into production soon (if not already). I'm also guessing that Ford has had a difficult time with F-150's sales, with gas prices they way they are and the expensive sticker price of F-150's.

Now the next time I'm tempted to go over to the Dark Side I'll have to ask myself - why do I want a Liberty again?

Of course I know that the Liberty CRD will save me in fuel expenses, but what else will I use as ammo?...

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a F150 and a Liberty. Simply put I do not like driving the F150 as a daily driver.

Liberty rides better, Liberty is Diesel, Liberty is Jeep!!!

Filling up a F150 costs 50 bucks a crack.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh, if you need to haul a lot of stuff around, maybe you should consider a truck. But if all you would haul around is a bucket of air, then maybe a car would be the best value for the money. But if you like the unique driving style of the Jeep and driving off-road, then perhaps the Liberty is for you. Guess it depends on what your needs (and pleasures) are.

There's always going to be a better deal somewhere. Hope you work it out before that CRD arrives! Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online