Help ID-ing my KJ JBA UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. KJ Country Old timer here... Still have my 07 KJ, and I'm hoping someone else has a better memory than me. If Tom is still around, I'm sure he'd know.... I bought a pair of JBA extended UCAs years ago, and the ball joints have finally given out. I was wanting to order a pair of the new JBA rebuildable ball joints. But I see they are only for Gen 4.5+. I'm pretty sure mine are Gen 4.5, but hoping someone can help me verify. I bought them new, but second-hand from someone on here on LOST that sold their Liberty before installing them. So JBA won't be able to just look up my order... Can you tell from the attached pics if they are Gen 4.5?

TIA

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there buddy !
Have not heard from you in like forever :gr_grin::gr_grin:
IF, and only if my memory serves me correctly you do have the 4.5s, the rebuildables will work and they are great.
I'm still running a set of the preproduction rebuildable ball joints and they have done me a great job.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the differences in the generations of them?

Haven't thought about if there are different gens before.

Wondering for when the ball joints go out I'll know what I need. The JBA UCA's were already on when I bought the Jeep so I have no idea how old they are.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What are the differences in the generations of them?

Haven't thought about if there are different gens before.

Wondering for when the ball joints go out I'll know what I need. The JBA UCA's were already on when I bought the Jeep so I have no idea how old they are.

Most if not all of the others were black when Al was still selling them
The 4s came out and were just not right on so right away we had / JBA had the 4.5s out ( I had a set of 4s for testing then 4.5s. Both used the same ball joints in them so almost 99% will be the 4.5s. Just a little difference in how the ball joint sits etc
But only think Gen 4.5 as there were very few 4's out there and all were upgraded
The original " Al " was Al Handy, he designed the first ones , plus actually the origianl KJ that Marlin has was Als to begin with . Marlin was producing them for Al, hench the name JeepinbyAl . Marlin bought out Al as they say the rest is history.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most if not all of the others were black when Al was still selling them
The 4s came out and were just not right on so right away we had / JBA had the 4.5s out ( I had a set of 4s for testing then 4.5s. Both used the same ball joints in them so almost 99% will be the 4.5s. Just a little difference in how the ball joint sits etc
But only think Gen 4.5 as there were very few 4's out there and all were upgraded
The original " Al " was Al Handy, he designed the first ones , plus actually the origianl KJ that Marlin has was Als to begin with . Marlin was producing them for Al, hench the name JeepinbyAl . Marlin bought out Al as they say the rest is history.

Thank you. This thread got me wondering about it. Mine are red so should be the 4.5's then. Plus the ball joints look the same from the pictures.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I'll get the new UBJs ordered today from JBA. Gotta get th old girl back on the road.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking good, nice looking Khaki Jeep...good to hear from you! What's the story on the WJ in the driveway?

Latest posts

Members online