Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tjkough, May 19, 2020.

1. tjkough

tjkough New Member

I'm Tom have an 04 limited 210k. My son was going to scrap it, so I bought it for a winter beater and started fixing it up. I've been turning it into a low budget toy, so far I put a cheap lift, 265/75/16 mud claws on ford explorer wheels. Front tow hooks/ bumper is next on the list. I've been through a few XJs (still have one) but I like this KJ.

2. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello, I'm Tom from Ohio and really from Ohio as well also have an 04, well plus an 03 and 05
    265-75-16s?? what lift?? Hopefully not a spacer lift, they do not like the cheap, low rated 310 lb stock coil springs , and have you already regeared?
    The one in my profile is my 04 I bought brand new , OME lift before I owned it 5 months, stock suspension was that bad
    over 232,000 miles on it with several different OME lifts, Ironman, and finally a JBA coilover lift , testing many of them out over the years
    owned 3 new XJs back in the day, CJs etc
    what part of the Buckeye ?

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. tjkough

tjkough New Member

IMG_20200509_164512936.jpg
    It's a $99 e-bay lift,I know its not what you like or recommend( I've read posts on the forum) but its a $300 jeep. The ford wheels have the backspacing to clear the upper ball joints to run the 265/75/16s, and I had them. Son borrowed and blew up the explorer. I'm running the stock gears, engine runs pretty good, and I tend to shift the auto trans manually anyway.

4. tjkough

tjkough New Member

My location is near Steubenville, just north of Wheeling WV. I used to trail ride at Ludlow if You are familiar with that area.

5. daves06lrenegade

daves06lrenegade Full Access Member

Hi from NE Ohio...Massillon/Canton Ohio (Pro Football HOF) I have a 06 Liberty Renegade w 124k rescued from salvage...
    Dave

tommudd likes this.
  6. tommudd

I work in St. Clairsville now
    Retired , was living in Toledo area when I retired from the State, parents were getting older so moved back to Monroe County
    Yes know where Ludlow is, live maybe 30 minutes from there , maybe closer, was running those roads before I ever got my license LOL
    As far as the lift goes, keep a close eye on the upper ball joints, spacer lifts love to eat them , also add teraflex front bumpstops, helps a little bit

7. tommudd

Have a good friend that lives near Hartville Hardware , so been in that neck of the woods a few times

8. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

I'm up near Cleveland but have family in Harrisville. I get down that way every couple of months. That reminds me - I need to call them and see if they are officially oil barons yet. :D