Hello from New Jersey...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was at the airport today, someone asked me where you goin, I said New Jersey... he said "why?"... good question ;)

But seriously I'm down here for work for a week. The standard vehicle the company will rent me is an "intermediate" size... I brought my wife and her friend along, so since there's 3 of us, lots of luggage and my wife's wheelchair, I asked how much to upgrade to "mid-size"...

The clerk says it's $5.00 per day more. I ask her what kind of car, I don't even remember what her answer was cause the next thing she said was, "or, I could give you a Jeep Liberty"...

So tomorrow when it's light out I'll post a pic of my white 2010 KK with just over 5000 miles on the odo :)

Once the week is done I'll try to post a bit of a review of our experience with it. First impressions are I don't like the way it feels compared to the KJ, but that could just be because it's different, so I'll give it a chance :)

Dave

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
it wont be like yours, nothing can compare to your own kj:D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol .. I think they are all white .. :D .... BTW be ready for the auto door locks when they kick in ... Scared the livin' ^&%&^ outta me the first time .. thought I hit something!

I did warm up to the KK a little after 1000km's ... but all in all I was glad to give it back.

Sheesh .. Me Me Me ... lol3.gif More importantly travel safely and enjoy your exploration time if you get any!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's NJ and the rental KK treating you, Dave? You have been there a couple of days now. I'll bet they have green grass down there.

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
x3 ...!!!

P.S. Don't read my "1000k in a KK" review (KK section) until AFTER you have done yours .... let's see how close they are :D

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
x3 ...!!!

P.S. Don't read my "1000k in a KK" review (KK section) until AFTER you have done yours .... let's see how close they are :D

Haha... too late! They are close though so far :)

There's no snow down here to play in, temps have been above freezing every day, sheesh! I think it's warmer than Florida!!!

If I knew where I could take it and wasn't working all day while the girls are out doing the tourist thing and of course, SHOPPING... :rolleyes: ...

And as I said in your thread Luke, they're not all white - they had a BLACK one but they wouldn't give it to me! :mad:

Otherwise NJ is treating me well, I do enjoy travelling on an expense account ;)

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm back home, and I managed to finally retrieve the pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Lit rear grab handles... NO front handles! that pissed off my wife who is disabled and uses them in our '05.

Dash at night for LibertyTC...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the night dash photos.
That is interesting they swapped locations of digital info into the tach.
So the mileage is no longer inside the speedo..huh?
Also the speedo and tach positions are reversed, compared to the KJ.
I wonder since the seats fold down completely, if stretching out in camping mode, on an air mattress is possible? Did you happen to fold down the seats and crawl in?
I am kinda getting use to the KK looks as there are so many here now. They look larger and square for sure.
Not sure about the rest though, still prefer the rounder styling of KJ and more parts/accessories for Kj.

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
No handles on mine in the front :(

Did the tach speedo swap make you look twice? Sometimes I thought I was going 2000 km's per hour on the hwy ... :D

On another note I couldn't really understand the trap door thing in the back .. seems like a lot of material used in exchange for very limited storage space :confused:

One of the coolest things it does ;) is leave these amazing stains on the garage floor when it drips from the air dam :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
So when's the MyGig going in??

These are just rentals we're abusing :)

TC ... only the pass seat folds flat .. when you fold the rear and front down (must remove rear head rest) .. you are left with a 5" gap and a 4" difference in height .. not too bad I guess

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D
one of the coolest things it does ;) is leave these amazing stains on the garage floor when it drips from the air dam :D

You beat the pee outa that rental didn't ya.....huh....admit it. There's the evidence right there.....:D

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen stains like that before ...
butt they are not found on the garage floor.....:eek:
I think Luke has been having "close encounters" again.
Damn crop circles...

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen stains like that before ...
butt they are not found on the garage floor.....:eek:
I think Luke has been having "close encounters" again.
Damn crop circles...

...oh mannn....he could be on monsterquest or somethin then...:eek:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
:D

You beat the pee outa that rental didn't ya.....huh....admit it. There's the evidence right there.....:D

Dave

Tonight I did ... :D

There is a 100ft long fairly steep slope on the unmaintained road that leads to my house .. 1 ft of packed snow covered in a layer of ice 'cause it rained today. As I came to the top of the hill and at a very slow speed I locked up the brakes ... lol ... I swear to you I slid at least 3/4 of the way down the hill ... In a straight line mind you .. with the traction control / ESP grinding the whole way. Then just for fun :rolleyes: I tried to do some donuts the throttle just kept dogging out until I thought I killed it. But then when the KK was sure there would be no more attempts at that kind of nonsense, it perked up and drove me straight into the garage :D

And then it told on me :mad:

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds very confidence building, knowing that when you need power it aint there.
ESP= Extra -SLOW- Performance.
Next time try 4 low on the way down and see what it does, or were you in 4 low? (does it have it?) You can see how much I know..KK's.
DO you think it would have helped in any way when you slid your KJ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online