Hello from Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today marks two full weeks of ownership for my 2005 Liberty Limited. So far I'm pretty happy, even if she did start puking coolant on the second day, which set me back a bit for a new radiator. :favorites68:

My previous vehicle was a '12 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 Crew, with the V8. That was a great truck, and it'd pretty much go wherever you pointed it. It got horrible gas mileage, though, and wasn't particularly comfortable or roomy inside. I occasionally make trips cross-country with my dog (65lb Weinheimer/Lab mix), and it was pretty miserable for everyone involved. I decided a SUV was called for, and it had to be a true 4x4 under a certain price range.

Pretty much narrowed it down to the Liberty at that point. Not much out there, anymore, that is an actual SUV. :blah:

Originally I wanted a CRD, but those are next to impossible to find down here, and the ones I did were either too much money or had questionable records. After much thought, I decided the 3.7L made more sense for me, and that's what I ended up with. It's not a rocket like the Chevy was, but I wouldn't call it under powered either.

So far I've just changed the plugs, air filter, PCV, and ran some seafoam through. Idle quality and throttle response has really improved, and according to the overhead, I'm getting 13.7 mpg city. Not all that great, but my truck got in the 11s city, so... yeah, big improvement. I've got everything ready to change the engine oil, which I'll do next weekend.

Other than some small issues with the radiator (cracked end-caps), a bad micro-switch on the rear hatch, and some bad ball joints, I'm really happy with my purchase. Silver wasn't one of the colors I was really looking at, but it's really grown on me, and it's got every single option I wanted short of the skid plates (which, let's be honest here, aftermarket is better anyway).

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb questions in the near future! :gr_grin:

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You are now a member of an elite and friendly community. Nice looking Jeep! (welcome)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice Jeep.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! A inquiry about your misfortunes... I know the laws up here are a min lemon law of 30 days regardless of mileage as long as it is a normal title from a dealer (saved my skin when I bought mine). Will whoever your bought it from cover the radiator or was it a private sale?

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! A inquiry about your misfortunes... I know the laws up here are a min lemon law of 30 days regardless of mileage as long as it is a normal title from a dealer (saved my skin when I bought mine). Will whoever your bought it from cover the radiator or was it a private sale?

You know, I'm not sure how the lemon laws down here work on used cars. I was under the impression that it doesn't apply as the vehicle was sold 'as-is', but I'll have to look into it. Even if it doesn't, I'm not horribly upset as the Jeep was still almost $4k cheaper than the comparable one's I'd test driven that had as many, if not more, problems.