Hello All!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hpaddict98

Reaction score
Hello all, I purchased an 03 liberty sport 4x4 auto with 200,421 miles for $200 about 2 weeks ago.

The guy I bought it from said his mechanic (I believe this was a con-artist) said it had a terrible rod knock and needed an engine, it needed the entire front suspension, wheel bearings, an A/C compressor, a radiator etc.

In reality the issues so far are a slight ticking/tapping noise that is definitely NOT a rod knock, it needs both front wheel bearings, a ball joint and an outer tie rod end.

After catching it up on all of its maintenance, plugs, ATF/filter, oil/filter, PS fluid, transfer case fluid, and diff oil, I'm going to flush the brake fluid when I replace the pads/rotors I was able to take it out for a test drive and it was very successful, trans shifts great, and it runs strong.

First pics
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome..Nice Jeep!
Anytime you can buy a KJ for $200 bucks, and do the above maintenance yourself, & then report back that it's shifting great & running strong, is a total win in my books! :winner_first_h4h:
(Cheers)

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Keep us updated on how your kj is doing. For $200 I would love to know how much use you get out of it.

Latest posts

Members online