hellas on our bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty Titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys mounting your lights on your bumpers? Winters coming so I took my roof rack off so I could fit in the garage and don't want to lose my lights conpletely so I am going to mount 2 on my bumper. Just curious about the best way to go about it. I have a few different ideas but want to hear some other ideas first O:)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just inboard of where the tow hooks mount there are two openings that you can access from under the bumper. If you drill thru the bumper and sheet metal at these points you can mount your lights to the bumper - I believe this is where they mount the stock lights on the '05s now (not the little fogs that go in the grille openings). Heres a pic of my install:
You must be registered for see images

Even with just two Hellas it improves your night driving so much!

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Just inboard of where the tow hooks mount there are two openings that you can access from under the bumper. If you drill thru the bumper and sheet metal at these points you can mount your lights to the bumper - I believe this is where they mount the stock lights on the '05s now (not the little fogs that go in the grille openings). Heres a pic of my install:

Even with just two Hellas it improves your night driving so much!

Which hella's are those?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i was really wanting to here from some people that had done this, im afraid that its going to get to hot. Heres some pics, see if u all can tell which is before and after.

One of the lights have not been changed in these pics. Which one is it?
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, im sorry, i posted this in the wrong thread, ill leave it there though, and put it in my other thread. And yes, the left is brighter/ the pass side.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here are some pictures of the light patterns with my hellas installed:
Low beams (silverstars)

High beams

High beams with Hellas

Sorry for the blurriness, I didn't have a tripod for the camera. As you can see the Hellas are significantly brighter than the stock high beams - I can light up street signs from 1/2 mile away. I think they are worth the $70 investment.