heater core replacement, other items to check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be replacing the heater core and lines on my 2006 kj in the near future. as most of us already know, this requires dismantling the dash.

i am also noticing some noise from the blend door actuator as well as sluggish movement when changing modes (Ex. changing from vents to floor or defrost)

since i am hoping to never have to pull apart the dash again after this, what else should i check, clean, pre-emptively replace while I have everything apart.

so far the list is:
  • heater core (replace)
  • heater lines (replace)
  • blend door actuator (service or replace)
  • blend door (inspect/clean/service)
  • vacuum lines for vent mode controls (inspect and service if needed)
  • vent mode door(s) (clean/inspect/service if needed)
  • blower motor (inspect/service/ replace if needed)
  • A/C evaporator (clean/inspect/replace if needed)

what other areas should i check or actions should i take while i have access to most of these components?

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd make sure the blower motor is good, make the fan spins smoothly, since there's bearings in it.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're ripping the dash apart, the A/C evaporator might not be a bad idea

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point, added to the list.

Decided to do this when I had to do the core in my Ram. Did the blend door while in there since that was a known problem. That was 4yrs ago. Of course since I didn't touch it, this year the recirc door broke lol. At least I didn't have to rip the dash off to do that.

Latest posts

Members online