Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dropped the headliner in a kj before? How difficult is this to do/ where are the points in which it is held in. Not worried about the difficulty, I just have to run an antenna wire from my roof down to the center console area. Help is appreciated, pics are great!

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're just looking to take it off enough to rout a wire, than I believe taking one of the oh s#it handles and the same side visor than pull down till you can snatch up your wire.
I've never taken the whole thing down.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to fish it without dropping anything, the bumps in the headliner are in the way. Will taking the sun visor and one pillar off drop it significantly? I guess ill find out after I get my keyless entry programmed on thursday. WOO

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I tried to fish it without dropping anything, the bumps in the headliner are in the way. Will taking the sun visor and one pillar off drop it significantly? I guess ill find out after I get my keyless entry programmed on thursday. WOO

That depends on where you are running the antenna cable from.
I popped out the dome light, removed the sun visors (Watch out for the wiring to the vanity mirror) and the "A" Pillar trim to mount a CB radio up above the rear view mirror.
(Which I didn't mount because Jen bought me a new one that that don't need mounting)

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My antenna is drilled in the rear roof above the middle dome light. I just have to get it across those bumps in the headliner. Im gonna give it a try now.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
My antenna is drilled in the rear roof above the middle dome light. I just have to get it across those bumps in the headliner. Im gonna give it a try now.

I've got a through the glass antenna mounted on the drivers side rear most window, The cable runs through the roof channel above the "A, B, C" Pillars.
Very easy to get the cable to there and then into the centre of the roof!

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats how I ended up doing it. I had a glass mount antenna, but upgraded to a larger 50 inch whip antenna for better reception. My radio is alittle too powerful for the window mount antenna anyway. Thanks for the help! I should post up a picture of my new antenna one of these days.