Headlamp Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rucky

Reaction score
Hi all, This being my first posting as a new member and owner. I hope this isn't me being lame but i am trying to install some brighter headlamp bulbs but cannot figure out how install them. The manual recommends the bulbs replacement is done at the dealer but that sounds like overkill to me. Any help much appreciated #-o

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done.. check it out. This is the north american variety, in the uk it might vary slightly. Let me know if u want me to post the "rest-of-world" instructions as well, or if this is enough to get ya started.

Rucky

Reaction score
Thx BluPhant, It's dark here now (16:30 gmt) so i'll give that a try tomorrow.

I've been reading various forums since a got the KJ Dec 18th and this is defo the best for KJ owners.

Hope to post some pics soon

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rucky,

You say you got a 2.7 CRD? UK KJ's (Cherokee/Liberty) only have 2.5 and 2.8 CRD's. The WJ's (Grand Cherokee) have 2.7 CRD's in the UK.

Ian

Rucky

Reaction score
Hi KJ Lad, Sorry slip of the fingers. You're right it's a 2.8 CRD.

I've noticed from the forums and picture postings that there are a few differences between the US spec models and Europe/RoW.

One of these would be the antena for the radio which is built into the rear windscreen on mine but seem to be a stick out ariel on the US models.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right. They don't have indicator repeaters on the wings too and the USA guys don't have a spare wheel carrier like ours either. Most of the stuff on these boards is still very useful though. I've learned tons about my Jeep and I'm slowly modding it. Are you planning on lifting it or using it offroad? Mines offroad quite a bit. They are amazing machines \:D/ Hope you enjoy yours!

I'm hoping that more UK people show up in the KJ groups so we can start a UK branch :alien:

Ian

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, Catz makes a nice 9007 system with high and low HID. I've been looking at it for quite some time, but the system is not cheap. I think it's around 600 bucks or so. WRX's use the same bulbs, so sometimes you can find group buys in their forums.

Bennett

Latest posts

Members online