hd or md ome opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cidghoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no extra weight in the front (bumper, winch etc) but just looking for opinions which is better to lift with or is it just personal preference.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
927's (2927's, HD's) are stiff when new and about right after broken in with no bumper. Not progressive rate coils and i'm sure someone will talk about ironman now.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
927's (2927's, HD's) are stiff when new and about right after broken in with no bumper. Not progressive rate coils and i'm sure someone will talk about ironman now.

Go with the hd, they ride real nice and you can add bumpers down the road with out having to upgrade your lift andI guess ill start off the IM4x4 lol. The ion man stuff is a good option if you want to save a few bucks, but iron man is still in production with a long rear shock so you fall just short of the OME kit if you want to sit level with top plates, clevis and extra isos in the rear. You would need the OME 132L's to get every bit of lift out of your libby with those two lifts.

Cidghoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my plan was hd ome w/ bilstein cause of the possibility of an arb in the future just was wondering how they rode without a heavy bumper.

Last edited:

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have OME HDs on mine and everyone that rides with me comments about how it rides a like a cadillac. :happy107:

Cidghoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for rhe thoughts. Hopefully driving over to jba to pick up next week. Excited!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have OME HDs on mine and everyone that rides with me comments about how it rides a like a cadillac. :happy107:

I have the same setup here. Had a work associate with me for three days last week driving on the highway, side roads and gravel roads (most of it covered with snow) and he commented that he was very surprised at the ride quality. Every bit as good as his 2011 Ford F-150 4X4 quad cab.

Only thing he missed was his heated seat :laughing1:

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got Meds on mine and have for the past 2.5 years and 30k. Really like it.