HD fan shroud mod for quick removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
credit here goes to uss2defiant for the info on how to do this, just providing more info here on how to do it.

this is a MUST if you have the heavy duty cooling system (if you ask me) the heavy duty cooling has the electric fan and a huge shroud with a clutch fan.
the shroud cannot be removed until the clutch fan is loose, which is hard to do with the shroud there...

first remove the fan shroud (and clutch fan).
your shroud will look like this:
jeeptorino68-albums-liberty-picture6088-fan-shroud.jpg

cut off about half and inch of material from the bottom lip of the shroud where the taper stops. i drilled a hole at each corner and used a jig saw and reciprocating saw to do it.

end result:
jeeptorino68-albums-liberty-picture6089-fan-shroud-trimmed.jpg

now the shroud can be removed with the clutch fan installed. just half and inch of material is all it takes!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Same idea as the CRD. I kept the lower section for our iceberg puddle refreezing break-up season. Serpentine iceberg encounters can only be bad.

Ahhh, I now see you get to keep some shield on the bottom. Cool!

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the tricky part is getting the right sequence of the sides to pass the ****** cooler lines and the upper radiator hose.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the tricky part is getting the right sequence of the sides to pass the ****** cooler lines and the upper radiator hose.

Definitely is, once you wiggle it a few times back and forth it clears past those though

Latest posts

Members online