HD Cooling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been interested in the mopar HD cooling kit, but checking for it at dealerships and online has turned up no results. Does anyone know of a place where I can order the kit, or have one for sale? I would really like to drop this into my jeep for additional cooling power! Any help is appreciated. Note, the only jeep liberty I have ever seen in a junkyard had no options whatsoever, except the trailer hitch which I bought!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They discontinued the kit long ago.You must now piece together your own kit at 2-3 times the cost of the old kit.The HD cooling kit was like $250 which included a new electric fan,shroud,and mechanical fan and the electric fan alone will run you alot more then $250.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They discontinued the kit long ago.You must now piece together your own kit at 2-3 times the cost of the old kit.The HD cooling kit was like $250 which included a new electric fan,shroud,and mechanical fan and the electric fan alone will run you alot more then $250.
any reason why they discontinued the kit?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Might want to check out a wrecking yard for the H/D fan cowl...

Our '04 Sport has the H/D fan cowl and the slim profile electric fan
but no clutch/viscous fan.
Go figure!
I've seen a few Sports here that are the same way. Maybe you can
get lucky at a wreckers!

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the Hayden Severe Duty Fan Clutch

If you have a gasser, you should already have the 11 blade plastic fan and only need the Hayden severe duty fan clutch. If you have a CRD, replace the metal fan with the 11 blade plastic fan and go for the Hayden severe duty fan clutch.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48653

You can add add a transmission cooler too if you want to.

I even have a fuel cooler for my CRD to keep the fuel cool so the ECM does not cut back the fuel flow to the injectors when the rail temp hits ~160F.

Upgrading the fuel cooler, adding a Trans cooler, and oil air to oil engine cooler are sitting in the garage waiting for time to install. Fan/fan clutch upgrade had to be done first so the other mods would work.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a gasser, you should already have the 11 blade plastic fan and only need the Hayden severe duty fan clutch. If you have a CRD, replace the metal fan with the 11 blade plastic fan and go for the Hayden severe duty fan clutch.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48653

You can add add a transmission cooler too if you want to.

I even have a fuel cooler for my CRD to keep the fuel cool so the ECM does not cut back the fuel flow to the injectors when the rail temp hits ~160F.
The mechanical fan was part of HD cooling which was a option on all gas KJ's so not every single gas KJ has the mechanical fan already.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mechanical fan was part of HD cooling which was a option on all gas KJ's so not every single gas KJ has the mechanical fan already.

Guess the Chrysler Bean Counters became Diamond Makers where they swallow a Lump Of Coal Santa Gave them and got a Diamond out the other end :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Is there any reason a mechanical fan can't be mounted on the front of the engine with only the electric fan?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess the Chrysler Bean Counters became Diamond Makers where they swallow a Lump Of Coal Santa Gave them and got a Diamond out the other end :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Is there any reason a mechanical fan can't be mounted on the front of the engine with only the electric fan?
Gotta stop thinking CRD.

A KJ with the 3.7 came standard with only a electric cooling fan.The addition of the HD cooling package(part of the offroad and towing package or could be ordered just with HD cooling) added a larger fan shroud,an electric fan that fits in the bigger shroud(slimer then the standard electric fan),and the mechanical fan on the WP.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a guess anymore

Now we know the Chrysler Bean Counters became Diamond Makers where they swallow a Lump Of Coal Santa Gave them and got a Diamond out the other end.:happy175::happy175:
We will see what Fix It Again Tony does to Jeep.
Wonder if Pasta changes the color of Diamonds any?

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a Hayden fan clutch, P/N 2736 for 02-07 KJ V6's, for $55. Also, the 11 bladed nylon fan is still available online for around $60.

I've got the exploded drawings for an 05 KJ on my old computer, such that I could figure out the P/N you'd need for the fan shroud, but that's back in SA - sadly, right now I'm up in NC making arrangements for my fathers funeral on Monday, passed away yesterday.

Latest posts

Members online