hayden transmission line cooler #242010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basshawg95

Reaction score
I have an 05 liberty with around 175,000 miles on it. i recently took it on a road trip and started getting a TRANS TEMP lite. I did a little research and decided a transmission cooler may fix the problem.
I bought this ****** cooler from advance auto parts for about $35. I had a local shop install it, and everything was fine. no lite, runs great, i'm happy.
I decide to take a 200 mile trip to see my daughter, after this cooler had been installed for 2 weeks.
on my way home, I notice my truck surging.....I pull over, pop the hood and there's ****** fluid EVERYWHERE! i'm able to get it off the interstate, and call my daughter to come pick me up.
the next day I call the local shop that installed the ****** cooler, and they sent a tow truck 150 miles to get me, and take my truck into the shop.
after a couple of days, they call and tell me there's a manufacturers defect with the hose that is supplied with the ****** cooler. its very poor quality and mine split in the middle.
$450 later (and that was a deal), I decide to file a claim with advance auto parts.......they will only refund the cost of the part.
I decide to call hayden eagle auto, the company who's name is on the box.....they tell me to file a claim with advance auto parts and they will reimburse them for the tow and labor........
now, hayden won't even answer my phone calls.
imagine if I was a single mom, living in a desert environment, who has bought one of these ****** coolers...driving home with her infant, and the hose splits.....it could be catastrophic!
anyway, don't buy this ****** cooler. there are better ones out there. I hope this saves someone from making the same mistake I made.