Have you ever slept in your KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol just wondering. I laid in it once to test it out and I guess it's doable. I'm only 5'8 and it was a tight fit. If your any taller than me It wouldn't probably work for you.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have, but I reclined the front seat and racked out there. Worst decision I could have made since it was up in the high country in late winter, woke up with the worst sore throat I can ever recall having (but the Jeep was actually decently comfortable).

Only way I can see doing it in the rear is if I had some way to level out the back, that little angle on the older models is just enough to kink my back something fierce :mad:

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YEP I have slept in the old liberty many of times. Fold down the back seats and pass out. Lately I have been looking for an air mattress to set nicely in the back. It will save you money on a hotel if you’re on the road and only going to sleep for a few hours.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did (5'11)... the front seats (leather's '02-'04) are confortable enough for a good nap... Never tried with the back seats folded though... hmm... :-k

Cheers! :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure you can sleep in it
Easy to do
Remove the back seats and built a flat floor, view from rear with front seats all the way up
You must be registered for see images attach

you can see the flip part I made so when you slide the front seats forward you have extra head room

hyson

Reaction score
I sure have. I got stuck on the Interstate for 16.5 hours in a blizzard in '07 heading to work (I'm considered an "essential" state employee so I didn't have a choice going in).

I mostly slept in the driver's seat and reclined back and forth so much that I broke the recline lever right off the seat - bummer.

Not the most comfortable thing but definitely do'able. Now, the wife and I have used the back with the seats folded down for the drive-in movies. That's fairly comfortable with out feet sticking out the back. I'm sure in a pinch, this would do quite nicely.

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a couple of long road-trips I've "napped" a few hours with the driver's seat reclined in a parking lot (also done it at work on a few lunch breaks after a rough night). I've slept with in the passenger seat both reclined & upright while the gal was at the helm. I keep a sleeping bag in the back and I've folded the rear seats down on a few camping trips and slept a full 8+ hours. Never had any issues with any of the above...though I may be slightly narcoleptic.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Haven't pissed of my wife that much lately. But with the back seats folded down and a small foam/air mattress I bet it would be pretty comfy.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I havent but when my parents still had it and when dad was driving it to S.D he tried at a rest stop but the rear gate didnt lock at that time and he said he only slept for about 2 hours and then drove on i think he drove to S.D from georgia with only 4 hours..

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naps are common in mine. When we are traveling to see my side of the fam it's a solid 4 or 5 hours in the jeep so the passenger, and by passenger I mean my wife, will frequently nap to pass the time.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I have - had some camping gear malfunction on a winter camp trip. Needed to go somewhere for shelter, so I grabbed my sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and folded the seats down. Works quite well for me, but I'm shorter than most.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did yesterday. skipped class at 7 and slept till 11 am.. Florida sun baking me inside is what woke me up. that along with my choice of positions. Im 6' and I slept just on the backseat kinda balanced and fetal. But i am also slightly narcoleptic. I've slept diagonal in the back with seat folded down with a sleeping bag and it wasn't bad.. I'm usually carrying stuff back there that prevent having much room.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
just did yesterday. skipped class at 7 and slept till 11 am.. Florida sun baking me inside is what woke me up. that along with my choice of positions. Im 6' and I slept just on the backseat kinda balanced and fetal. But i am also slightly narcoleptic. I've slept diagonal in the back with seat folded down with a sleeping bag and it wasn't bad.. I'm usually carrying stuff back there that prevent having much room.

Skipping classes you better not..you better get your edu.

Truckinduc

Reaction score
the girlfriend and I have slept in the back of the 07 many many times. I usually dont sleep well cause my left knee doesnt bend and its a little cramped.

Now my 4 runner is awesome to sleep in.

On a side note anyone ever modify the front seats to fold all the way forward to the dash? that would open up some more room in the back since they only go vertical.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the girlfriend and I have slept in the back of the 07 many many times. I usually dont sleep well cause my left knee doesnt bend and its a little cramped.

Now my 4 runner is awesome to sleep in.

On a side note anyone ever modify the front seats to fold all the way forward to the dash? that would open up some more room in the back since they only go vertical.

If you install the KK seats they fold all the way flat. (I'm in the process of trying to find some used ones to swap in)

Latest posts

Members online