Has anyone tried hydrophobic sheets on their sideview mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw some gifs online of sheets of hydrophobic plastic added onto side view mirrors to keep them clear in the rain/snow.
https://i.imgur.com/XfHEzaW.gifv

Just wondering if anyone had tried them, and if there might be a problem with heated/tinting sideviews like on my Renegade.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That imgur link not working, try again...Pls.
I wish I had heated mirrors, would keep visibility better especially in winter.
I'm not sure how that plastic covering would work out though..
I like the visibility of clear glass myself, no additives needed, except heat LOL.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That imgur link not working, try again..Pls.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My sideviews always seem to get water spots, and during rain, they can be very hard to see with. I figure this stuff won't wipe off like a spray would and being sideview, it shouldn't really be exposed to much that could peel it off. I know I probably won't find one to the exact shape of the libby side, but even having a majority of it clear would help.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My sideviews always seem to get water spots, and during rain, they can be very hard to see with. I figure this stuff won't wipe off like a spray would and being sideview, it shouldn't really be exposed to much that could peel it off. I know I probably won't find one to the exact shape of the libby side, but even having a majority of it clear would help.

Does anyone have a link to purchase said hydrophobic sheets? If they're not terribly expensive, it's worth a shot to see if it works/you like them. If not, peel it off. If even the majority of the center of the mirror were clear, that's all you need.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to purchase said hydrophobic sheets? If they're not terribly expensive, it's worth a shot to see if it works/you like them. If not, peel it off. If even the majority of the center of the mirror were clear, that's all you need.

I've seen them on ebay for like $6 for cutable sheets. But there's really no reviews on ebay.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had heated mirrors, would keep visibility better especially in winter.

Easy mod, find some good shape used cheapies, plug and play. Was one of the first mods I did when we moved to CT years back.