Hallo From Australia!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie Cali Cara

2004 2.8L Turbo Diesel
Reaction score
Hallo Mates!
My name's Cara. I'm from Northern California but I live in Southwest Australia with my Aussie Husband and 30 Chooks (Aussie for chickens)
Anyway... yesterday I bought a 2004 Jeep Cherokee Sport KJ (Liberty) 2.8L Turbo Diesel. All 4x4 geared up:
4" lift kit, 10" Wide Mickey Thompson Mud Tires,CB Radio, LED Light Bar, Kangaroo Bar w/ Winch. Awning, Fold down rear table, roof rack, etc.... has 191,000 kms which is not too bad really

Pretty exciting. I've been living here 8 years and never had my own car! Alway drove hubby's old Daihatsu Feroza (AWESOME) .. I was looking at Land Rovers which are great for our lifestyle.. But this came up and we just went for it. Didn't want a white car as we have 10 kms red gravel roads to our house... So first thing I need to add are side steps (running boards) and mud flaps!!!

Getting full 200k service Wednesday then we'll really see what we've got.

I'm sure I'll have heaps of questions for you guys later,, right now I'm still just looking out the window staring at it!!

Nice to meet you, from way down under: Cowaramup, WA. Google it!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, first thing to check and recheck on a regular basis is the CVs in front.
CRDs do not like 4 inches of lift, front diff sits over to the left more on them than they do on gassers so steeper angles and lots more wear.
We always sit CRDs at 3 inches of lift max to help it run longer
So just something to be on the lookput for

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Cara, really great looking Jeep!
When it comes to service, ensure whoever is doing the work understands to always refer to the owners manual specifications, for Hoat coolant, fluid, gear oil, spark plugs etc...
Did your Jeep come with an owners manual?
If not, you can download one free here in pdf. https://ownersmanuals2.com/jeep/liberty-2004-owners-manual-34707

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I had the Dealers here in SA fit the Mopar Wheel Flaps all round when I ordered my Export 2.5 2002 Manual CRD, dark green, here..elephants leave some big presents on the roads in the Game Parks!

Your Jeep will be pretty much the same as the USA/Canada models here other than being RHD so this site and Lost are pretty good...join the ausjeepoffroad site if you have not already done so...nice to have neighbours that may have spares and advice for you!;)

Aussie Cali Cara

2004 2.8L Turbo Diesel
Reaction score
Welcome, first thing to check and recheck on a regular basis is the CVs in front.
CRDs do not like 4 inches of lift, front diff sits over to the left more on them than they do on gassers so steeper angles and lots more wear.
We always sit CRDs at 3 inches of lift max to help it run longer
So just something to be on the lookput for

YES! I hear you loud and clear. I might have exaggerated I guess we don't really know if its a 3" lift or what. Maybe you can tell in the photo? In 2 days its getting full service inspection and I'll find out all the bad news:))

Thanks,
C