Greetings!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have read different threads on this forums and finally decided to join. I bought my 04 Libby back in Feb and have loved every minute of it. So far it is mostly stock but the previous owner has added a K&N air filter and put 235/70/16R Grapplers on it that arn't all that bad.

Soon, hoping everything comes in on Monday, I will be outfitting my KJ for trails here in Co. I know I might get some feedback on this, but I decided on the 2.5" Skyjacker lift with Nitro Shocks, 265/75/16R BFG T/A KO2's and some tubular side steps for it.

I will add a few pictures of it when I get home and I am open to feedback. I do know that everyone has their opinion about things, especially with Skyjacker, but being an ex military vet, full time college student, and only working part time while in school, I did the best with what was available. With that, I have been recommended the Skyjacker set by several jeep owners and am not biased. If I messed up by going with Skyjacker, well I guess I will find out personally. :gr_grin:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
Have you installed the Skyjacker yet?
If not return it
Reason:
Their front springs are rated same as stock and WILL sag rather quickly, not a good setup a. OME and Ironman are way better and in the same ball park as far as price.
Skyjacker maybe ok for other models but not KJs

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is paid for, but the kit won't get here until Mon or Tues. The front end is still basically stock and the coil springs can be replaced later on. My KJ has already has about 117K miles on it with the stock coils so these new ones will be better than what I have now.

I have read about the sagging on this forum and a few others and I have heard and seen others that have had the kit for a few years with no problem. Only time will tell I guess but at least I can get first hand experience. I am using it for simple trail riding and possible mudding.

But thank you for the advice. If I end up replacing the coils later down the road, I will definatly say you were right lol.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am home from my college class and can finally upload a few pictures of my Libby!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and let us know how that lift works out for you.

Dave

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you and I most certainly will let you know how the lift is doing. Sometimes you can only do with what you have available and..well...$350 for a brand new kit isn't all that bad.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking jeep, welcome! Share some pics when she have new rubber on.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the lift and tires installed, my step rails haven't been come in just yet so i'll be waiting for them. As for the re-gear, I am going to wait to see if there's any real significant difference. I haven't gotten to drive it much today because I had finals at school but she still had plenty of pep for me when i needed it.

And I have no idea why some of these images keep turning sideways in this forum o_O

Last edited:

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFGs look good. You'll need to let us know how the fair off-road and in the snow. I was thinking of getting those myself.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I will most definatly give a review on them later. So far they have tracked through the sand beautifully since my dirt road is about 4 miles of sand/dirt. Everything has gripped well with only minimal spin due to the loose sand but when it grabbed, everything was ok. At highway speeds I didn't really hear anything from the tires. The only rubbing issue is when im turning the tire left or right to the extreme, like pulling into tight parking spots. I am not too worried about it right now but might see if a friend can band on the inside to push the metal back a little bit.

I know the shocks and everything are still new and offer a slight bumpy ride until everything settles in. My shop told me to come back in 500-1000 miles to get it realigned and re-torqued so that should be next week possibly, maybe a little longer depending on how much i drive since my last final for school is today o_o

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.