Greetings from SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner1Retired

Reaction score
Greetings all,
New forum member, looks like I should have jumped on board a couple years ago. Bought a 03 KJ for my son, and it lasted a year before a rod decided it was as broke as I was. So I opened up the tool box and went to work. COVID crisis has given me more time on my hands than usual, so I decided to jump full bore into getting as much of the list done as possible. New suspension, hubs, cv axles, 2.5 lift, rebuild trans, rebuild tc w/teraflex kit, reman motor, new a/c, new ps, new brakes, new front bumper cover, new grille and inserts, new headlights, driving lights, parking lights.
On the final stretch before it fires up. Looking forward to this forum and the knowledge learned and shared.
Gunner1Retired

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have done a lot
Hopefully you've used the right parts
KJs are sort of particular in what parts you use, many aftermarket parts don't mix well
But if used good suspension parts , OME springs and either OME or Bilstein shocks, NGK copper plugs , HOAT coolant etc the KJ will love ya back, plus NAPA rebuild CVs, replaced the intermediate shaft ( cheapautoz_ne etc CVs are not long enough )
Welcome aboard

Gunner1Retired

Reaction score
Thanks. Listed in my profile the companies I used. In reading through some of the forum last night, I learned what others had been using. When I started this project, I used companies I had already had good luck with on a couple other vehicles I own. I do my best not to use junk on any thing I own ;)
I have seen where if I encounter any issues, OME looks like a strong way to go.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes spacer lifts to begin with are the very worst way to lift a KJ
removed a lot of them over the last15 years where people spent more replacing parts after running them a short time than doing it right to begin with
stock front springs are only rated at 310 lbs, where as they should of been 345-350 from the get go. When I bought my 04 new off the lot, first thing was to get rid of the junk springs and shocks and go OME for the first 100,000 miles ( of course then it got serious LOL )
and detroit axle :(