Greetings from NC Mountains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmguy

Reaction score
Hello All! My daughter now owns a 2003 Liberty Freedom Edition 4x4. First Jeep in our family! It seems to be in pretty good condition for it’s age. 127,000 miles. Check engine light is on but runs fine-need to get codes. Both rear windows are off the track so we have a few projects to look forward to!

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the plastic ones. I’ve got 2 kj’s and keep a set in my parts bin at home. They are cheap enough and change out fairly quickly.

on my ‘new’ 06, the previous folks jammed a firring strip under the glass and screwed thru the door frame inside to keep it in place

Jeep Liberty 2002 2006 Window Regulator Repair Kit Clip Rear Left - Right CS73 on ebay.

The directions tell you to drill out a rivet, but I bend the steel at the end with a screwdriver and a vise. Hook up to a power source and run the cable out the end. Screw a fresh one on and gently get it back in the channel.

getting pretty fast at changing them out.

farmguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and replies. Here are the codes P0123, P0455, P0442.
I have ordered the parts from Steiger Performance and hope to fix the windows this weekend.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and replies. Here are the codes P0123, P0455, P0442.
I have ordered the parts from Steiger Performance and hope to fix the windows this weekend.
On your p0455:

have a good look around the evap purge valve. Sticks up right near tha battery.

my new project 06 was setting that code and the previous owner said it had, ever since the engine swap.

i was set to exchange the valve. When i tested it, the valve was fine. I did find that the ‘mechanics’ had totally disconnected all the hoses from the evap system. The plastic lines on this are very brittle and break easily. Nothing a few feet of hose won’t handle.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to start using the link for our Generic Diagnostic trouble code list, to help members find it:https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/generic-chrysler-diagnostic-trouble-code-list.39860/

So P0123 is the Throttle position sensor, use a Mopar new one. There is a steel tab that has to be aligned and then turned clockwise to set in place correctly.
https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/throttle-positiion-sensor-replaced-tps.59336/

P0455 Evap Leak Monitor Large Leak Detected, time to inspect carefully for cracks in lines/leaks & or find someone with a smoke machine. Leaks = check around the gas tank components as well.

P0442 Evap Leak Monitor Medium (0.040) Leak Detected: New gas cap Mopar one.

farmguy

Reaction score
Update on the windows repair. The photo shows a previous permanent fix! I decided to replace both regulators since the plastic tubing was broken. Bought the pair on eBay for $42.50. Replaced the plastic brackets on the new regulators with the metal ones from Steiger Performance and all is great! Jon at Steiger was very helpful when I had an issue with one of the windows. Now it’s time to tackle the CEL.

Attachments

• 86B67379-FD34-4573-BFC6-508439B534F6.jpeg
    86B67379-FD34-4573-BFC6-508439B534F6.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Members online