Great News!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
I hope this isnt a double post, but Rocky Road will bring out new CV Axels in Mid to late 2006, so we will be able to have lifts greater than 2.5" and prevent the whole CV binding, and wont have to deal with the sub frame replacements!! Hurrah!!

[-o< \:D/

bl00

Reaction score
Good news. What's a CV axel? Yeah, I should google it and find out myself, but where's the fun in that.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it's that part that makes your front wheels have power.....fwd cars have it..and we have it since the kj is IFS, and it's kinda needed when u go into 4wd....

right now the current ones in there are very limited. some lift kits give it too much angle, and it fails eventually. nice to know RRO will put out beefier ones

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
Have the CV axels been the reason no "real" lift kits are out there? Or is it because they're not in demand? I mean, they've already got 5-6" kits out there for the Hummer H3. :-k

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SkidMarkSteve said:
Have the CV axels been the reason no "real" lift kits are out there? Or is it because they're not in demand? I mean, they've already got 5-6" kits out there for the Hummer H3. :-k

There are plenty of real lift out. Mine is really about 3" higher. You can't put your typical CV joint at a high angle. Much more than about 3" of lift will cause a little too steep of an angle for the CV. You can either drop the entire axle assembly like most IFS lifts do or replace the CVs to handle the higher angles.

However even with new CV it will be hard to lift much more than 3" due to the geometry of the suspension. You will start to need new control arms in the front and rear, possible now a different drive shaft, etc. Essentially it is hard to lift any vehicle more than about 3" without really changing the suspension geometry, especially a short wheel base vehicle.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
Yeah, I didnt think about the drive shafts. So, Eddo, you have a 3" lift on your Lib? How does it perform in daily commuting?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
thing is too, the KJ is a new vehicle, new platform, new everyting, hence the lack of aftermarket parts....h2 on the other hand shares parts from other gm vehicles, ie the silverado, tahoe, yukon, suburban...etc...so parts are widely available for those vehicles..

besides, h2's are also popular (for some wierd reason)....

w/ the dodge version of the KJ (nitro), and the 3.7 engines coming out in more vehicles......aftermarket parts should pop out more and more....the KJ is also becoming more popular and accepted in the off-road community

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SkidMarkSteve said:
Yeah, I didnt think about the drive shafts. So, Eddo, you have a 3" lift on your Lib? How does it perform in daily commuting?

It preforms great. No problems at all with the Frankenlift. I have even towed 3000lbs across the count without any problems. Could have used a extra 50ft-lb of torque on the hills, but the Jeep was very stable with the load.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
Jon, I was talking about the H3, the one that came out a few months ago, but I still see your point. The H3 just a cool looking Chevy Colorado in disguise, and the Colorado has been out for a while now.

I'd love to see a good 4"-5" lift developed for these things. Even with a 2" lift and some semi-agressive tires, the little Liberty looks somewhat intemidating.

Latest posts

Members online