Got new tires today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I got rid of those crappy Cooper Discoverers and got some 255/65/17 falken rocky mountains. I like them so far, I took them to the back of my neighborhood and climbed a few hills with them, they seem to do much better than the coopers. The coopers wore extremely quickly for me, I didn't like them.

You must be registered for see images

I like the tread. Pretty aggressive for an A/T

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did they costly?

$855 with road hazard and 50,000 mile warranty. I don't know if thats high for the tire, but FWIW the destinations would have cost me over 1000, and i have heard they aren't as aggressive as this tire

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of coopers did you have?

discoverers

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't care for them, i had them for about 25,000 miles, they were 85% worn when i put the Falkens on, the other day. I don't know if my tires were lemons, or the camber was off from my lift, but they wore unevenly and VERY quickly. traction was O.K. when they were newer. Falkens are MUCH better traction wise in mud and dirt, doesn't snow in texas so i have no idea about that. Pretty quiet tire too, discoverers were quiet as well. Falkens handle the road/bumps better. We shall see how they wear

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
discoverers

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't care for them, i had them for about 25,000 miles, they were 85% worn when i put the Falkens on, the other day. I don't know if my tires were lemons, or the camber was off from my lift, but they wore unevenly and VERY quickly. traction was O.K. when they were newer. Falkens are MUCH better traction wise in mud and dirt, doesn't snow in texas so i have no idea about that. Pretty quiet tire too, discoverers were quiet as well. Falkens handle the road/bumps better. We shall see how they wear

Well I knew that from your first post there are like 50 different sub-models of discoverers. I was wondering which submodel you had but from that pic I can see it was very street oriented. My brother ran a set of falkens on his truck and they wore pretty well for about 50k but in the end their demise was a softball size knot in 3 of the tires sidewalls.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I knew that from your first post there are like 50 different sub-models of discoverers. I was wondering which submodel you had but from that pic I can see it was very street oriented. My brother ran a set of falkens on his truck and they wore pretty well for about 50k but in the end their demise was a softball size knot in 3 of the tires sidewalls.

yikes, what causes that? and the discoverers i had were ATr or something to that effect. Supposedly the discoverers are great tires, i've never heard anything bad about cooper. Then again that was my first time to try them, and my first time to own all terrains on a vehicle.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
yikes, what causes that? and the discoverers i had were ATr or something to that effect. Supposedly the discoverers are great tires, i've never heard anything bad about cooper. Then again that was my first time to try them, and my first time to own all terrains on a vehicle.

I have no idea what caused it, they weren't the same submodel as these that you bought though. I got my coopers on today and I love them! I've never ran any coopers but always heard good things about them and I really enjoy trying things and seeing how they work then letting others know!