Got my KJ lifted!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Yeah! Got my KJ lifted! \:D/

Sorry about the terrible pic...live in the city.
Yes, I'm a big poser with my 2WD, but it still looks good! :-$
Yes, I know...I need new tires. ](*,)

So, how much did you guys pay to have a lift kit installed (incl. alignment and stuff)? I'm just trying to see if I got ripped off or not since I don't know jack.

This is my first Jeep...first lift...driving it now feels a little wiggly from side to side. That's normal, right? Guess its something I need to get used to.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I paid about $325 to have the lift installed at a Jeep customizing shop. $15 to have the "toe" adjusted.

I can't tell you about the "wiggly". Could be just a symptom of the stock tires.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Whew! I paid what would equal about $280.00. Guess the guy at the garage did give me a pretty good deal...right? 8-[

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I paid $300 for the installation of my lift. It was 70 or 75 bucks an hour or something.

Looks good! The wiggly is probably due to the tires. I never drove on the stock tires after my lift (had 240/70/16 REVOS). Since I've been able to stuff my 31" Pathfinder tires :)

Keep the mods rolling in!

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. The mechanic who quoted me the installation cost was shocked of my shocked reaction. Heck...what do I know? I thought it'd be in the $150-$200 range. O:)

I believe that "wiggly" feeling is something called "rolling"(?); that's what my friends tell me. It's difficult to describe, but it's new to me; lifted or not.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go get an alignment right after? You'll need it to center everything. Some shops say they won't do it or can't, but tell them to put it back to stock specs.

Maybe that would take the wiggle away?

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blckkj said:
Did you go get an alignment right after? You'll need it to center everything. Some shops say they won't do it or can't, but tell them to put it back to stock specs.

Maybe that would take the wiggle away?

True, If the alignment is out it will give you that wobbly/drifty feel, not to mention wear your tires down funny after a while.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the alignment came with the $280 deal...that was the mechanic's biggest point when he explained why he was giving me such a good deal.

No worries...I think that wiggly feeling is just me getting used to a Jeep...been driving sedans and coupes nearly touching the ground all this time. Maybe "wiggly" was not a good term to use. Perhaps a rocking feeling (?) from side to side when going over bumpy stuff. I'm not really complaining, though. Feels great. O:)

dnm45227, Thanks!. It's the Daystar 2.5" ("coil spacers"; model no. in my signature)

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll definitely feel more body roll in a jeep over a sedan. It takes me a few minutes to adapt after going from my Sebring to the KJ. Your lift uses the stock springs which also allows for a softer ride. My KJ has less body roll and a stiffer ride after the lift because it replaced all four springs.

Just remember to drive your Jeep like a Jeep and not a sports car.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid, well nevermind I did it myself for free!! I think it was $35-40 for a full alignment.

I think I have less body roll after my lift. OME shocks are awsome!

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Eddie...
Looks great!!!! Its a nice look at whats to come for me this Thursday. Thats when i'm putting on the same lift. Iv had the kit in the back of my Jeep for two weeks. Hooking up with a Korean buddy of mine from work to finnally get it installed this week. His buddy from school owns a garage outside of Seoul. should be a piece of cake.
Question though, where did you get your tires alinged after installation?
the only place i could find with the right computer softwear was the Chrysler Warranty service center in Seoul. Hopefully i can convince them that this is covered under my warranty and i wont have to pay for it......maybe \:D/
Kool man......might bump into you in Yongson some time. Tony-

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Tony! I owe you a "thanks" actually...I made a deal with the eBay guy you recommended in your other posts (or was it a PM?) and ordered my kit; got here in a week.

I got my kit installed and tires aligned at a small garage outside Gate 52, Yongsan. That alley of autoshop garages may look all beat up, but they have had experience with foreign (U.S.) cars for decades. I'd trust them over any DaimlerChrysler mechanic any day.

Good luck on your install! Hope to see your pics soon.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great...hope you got as good a deal as i got from him, way under MSRP...
Hey you wouldnt happen to have the phone number for that garage, would you. If he can do the lift and the allingment at the time, that would save me alot of hastle.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Thats great...hope you got as good a deal as i got from him, way under MSRP...
Hey you wouldnt happen to have the phone number for that garage, would you. If he can do the lift and the allingment at the time, that would save me alot of hastle.

I actually mentioned you got yours for $219 shipped and he cut me the same deal. LOL!

Sorry, but I don't have the number for the garage. It's "Kim's Garage"...I think his ad appears in the Morning Calm (or it used to). No use to call them, really...they always say they have to see it before they can quote you.

Just take a left out of Gate 52, stick to the right and head into the alley behind the Crown Hotel. There's a big alley of garages in there; you can't miss it. I dropped off my KJ at lunch and it was done by the time I got off work.

Remember to haggle. He'll probably quote you 300,000 Won up front, but just smile a lot, be subtle, show lots of respect, and he'll chop it down. (biggrin)

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey eddie, getting my lift installed Friday at the garage you sugested...thanks for the info. i should be there getting it done around 3:30. hopefully it dosnt take to long. Ill get some pics on line this w/e.

BTW, there's a Jeep rally coming up, in June i think, near Chunchon. Should be a good time, im thinkn' about going. I'll send some more info as soon as i get it. C-YA

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, sqliberty. Checked out your signature links...you've got some great stuff! (cool) Your audio setup rocks!

Tony, hope your install went okay. Looking forward to your lift.
A Jeep rally in ChunCheon?? Hmm...sounds interesting. I wonder what goes on; never been to one. Sounds like fun, though. Keep me posted!

Latest posts

Members online