Got a "salvage" 2006 Renegade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a moderator on kia-forums.com and just "saved" a Black 2006 Renegade...
It was a victim of an under the tunnel fire... It came up through the 2WD/4WD hole in the floorboard... I'm comfortable with electrical and mechanical problems with cars...
I will need a little help with help with identifying the electrical wiring on the back of the automatic transmission as there is nothing left but bare copper wires...

I all ready got the mechanical linkage for the 2WD/4WD, center console,a partial wiring harness, a "new to me" rear door, carpet, and drivers lower seat cushion at my local pull-a-part... Passenger side doors are coming soon to replace the rusted out ones...

I have resurrected many Fords, KIAs and Hyundais from "salvage" and thought this would be a good challenge...:emotions34:
Dave

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts and the link... I found the same information before... On the KIAs and Hyundais they have drawings showing where the harnesses actually are routed and they also have schematics showing where each wire starts and ends...
The wires were burned at the reverse switch the large transmission connector (automatic) and a few sensors on the driver's side of the transmission...I was able to cut a wiring harness out of another "donor" Liberty but could only get so far up on the harness ... Under the hood at the back of the engine the main harness has a few matching wires and I was hoping to cut the feeds to the burnt (and exposed) wires and then splice on the other ends but not all color wires are present there...

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be a better idea to pull an intact harness from a junk yard vehicle, if you can.

Latest posts

Members online