Goodyear Fortera TripleTred

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colliebeans

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my OEM tires on my 2002 4WD Liberty Renegade. The original tires I have are Goodyear SR-A's and lasted me 76,000+ miles. I do mostly highway/paved road driving. I noticed with my original tires that they were not all that great in stopping in rainy/snowy/icy conditions. I also had some fishtailing problems. So that is why I am in the market for a different and better tire than I already have. I hear the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred is supposed to be good in all conditions. But, I would like to hear if anyone has tried these tires out or if they have other recommendations.

Thanks so much!

dnm45227

Reaction score
76+ on originals, man are you a thrill seeker. Welcome to the site. I think the most popular replacement would be the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's. A little on the pricey side, but if the guys that have them swear by them.
I'm thinking about getting a set and when I was calling around researching prices, alternatives, etc.. I was told by one shop that nothing compares to them, so I can't really find something comparable for less money. Come tax time, that's most likely the route I'll go.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Yeah Revo's are pretty much the de-facto OEM replacements..
very popular w/ pretty much everyone....
even some that were weary on changing tires swear by them now...!

I went w/ Destination A/T's really good tire for the money..(IMO)
a few dont like them as much..but after about 1500 k or so....it's performed WAY better than the stockers....

colliebeans

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice! The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos did get great reviews. So, I decided to purchase some last night. Can't wait until I can put them on!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Revos are great! Good choice.

I have them on my TJ. Their going on my KJ as soon as I can come up with the cash. The stock Goodyears only have 12k on them, and they slide all over the place. The rear end fishtails easy in two-wheel drive. Just last weekend, I was taking a turn on a wet road and felt the front tires slide sideways. It's got to be the tires, as my TJ with Revos does not fishtail in two-wheel drive at all (even in snow).

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GY

I have the tripletred GY Forteras and love them particularly in wet. Got em based upon Cons Reports 2005 review of All Season passenger tires... rated No 1 for the tripletred passenger tires so I got the SUV Fortera version.

I had the GY Fortera's HL's before based upon Consumer Rep's SUV/truck in 2004 who compare them side for wet, dry, handling braking emergency etc etc objectively and found them good too. I had the stock GY ST, GSA and also the Mich Artic Ice snows. The Trips gripped as good as my snows. I highway mostly and city with little or no off roading.

My advice is that the ratings on the tire shop sites are fine but are subjective to the individual based upon their past tire usage and don't measure them objectively... it's like I like KJ's while others like Explorers... all opinions and everybody has one...

Pix available if somebody would post em for me....

Can't comment on others as I have not tried them on the KJ..