Good things come to those who wait!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am a craislist crawler and am always looking for a good deal. Well it had arrived! For $95, yes only $95 I got this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Everything seems good and in good shape. They are the lighter 925s up front but I don't have a winch or anything and do not plan on anything soon. 948s for the rear. Some home made spacers which I am going to trash probably. And rear Rancho 5000s. I did notice the Ranchos are a part number for a Durango. I thought I read somewhere though that they work so I am not worried. For $95 I am pretty happy. Just need some front shocks and I will be lifted ALOT sooner then I thought I would be.

One question. I shouldn't need the UCA's yet with just the springs and no extra spacers?

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry pic wont work. I assure you there are 4 springs and 2 shocks in that pic. Ha ha unless its working for you.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With what you have you will
Need the front shock/strut
And bump stops for the rear

Yepp already looking in to front shocks.

And forgot about the bump stops. I have some extra hockey pucks lying around I am sure. Benefit of growing up in MN ha ha. Will I need front bump stops as well?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yepp already looking in to front shocks.

And forgot about the bump stops. I have some extra hockey pucks lying around I am sure. Benefit of growing up in MN ha ha. Will I need front bump stops as well?

As long as you use the OE upper strut mount and nothing else
then no ,otherwise yes
The main function of bump stops is over compression of the
suspension components ,with the softer coils you will be fine
I did not have them on my '03 and it had the Med duty coils
at all 4 corners
The rears will need them due to the longer shocks

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you use the OE upper strut mount and nothing else
then no ,otherwise yes
The main function of bump stops is over compression of the
suspension components ,with the softer coils you will be fine
I did not have them on my '03 and it had the Med duty coils
at all 4 corners
The rears will need them due to the longer shocks

Thanks for the info J!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome deal SabaII.

Dave

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any idea if your adding a top plate / clevis or isos to the rear with the 925s up front.

Nope not yet anyhow. I am currently running 235/75/16 's and do not want to go too high and make the tires look small. I am mainly doing the lift to replace my saggy OE springs and clear the one size larger tire I did go. When I have some more $$$ I will do everything to get max lift, then new tires and gears. I have some other things I want to do first though. This was an unexpected find so I am getting lift before I thought I ever would.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to say this but those don't look like 948s for the rear. The 948s have around 5 loops in them.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/ironman-lift-pics-added-pg-2-5-a-51647/index5.html#post574765

Hmm. You seem to be correct. :disgust: There is no tag or anything on them so I was just going by what I was told. There was a tag on the fronts so I know those are right. I wonder what they are then.

~EDIT~

Just found this pic.
http://jeepinbyal.com/cat-Old_Man_Emu_Suspension_Products-32.aspx

Not sure but all of those pics look like what I got. Ha ha at this point I have no idea. We will see what happens when I go to put it all together.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having never seen a pair of 947's they could be those, which would make some sense being paired with the 925s. either way your in for a vast improvement, good find. Haven't seen any fender heights with the straight up ome lift so It will be interesting to watch.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having never seen a pair of 947's they could be those, which would make some sense being paired with the 925s. either way your in for a vast improvement, good find. Haven't seen any fender heights with the straight up ome lift so It will be interesting to watch.

I will definitely keep everyone updated on my build page. Like I said I was not ready to purchase a lift and I still have other priorities over the lift (skids, lockers and gears) but since I got the deal it is going in as is. Then when more funds become available I will lift higher and get larger tires.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.