Good or bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KornyBrad

Reaction score
You think it would be a good idea to use one of those Magic erasers on your jeep? I've got some kinda funky bug/haze stuff on the front of my kj but wasn't sure if it would damage the paint. I know it works wonders on wheels and other things around the house. Didn't know if anybody was brave and tried it. :?:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried bug and tar remover? you can get it at any autoparts store, and even walmart. spray it on, maybe scrub it a little, and spray it off

Boiler

Reaction score
Hit walmart or wherever, and go to the waxes section. They sell little clay bar kits for about $15 for the meguiars anyway. It includes quik detailer spray, clay bars, and cleaner wax.

The clay bar shears dirt, grime, whatever off your paint and leaves it really smooth. After washing & drying your paint, spray on some of the quik detailer for lubricant and just rub the surface of the paint with the clay bar. it will get dirty and squish out, just fold over the dirty area and proceed. Basically you lube up your paint and scrub it with a chunk of clay...

As for really old bug removal, it may not do the job. My wife's car has bugs on it that I can't get off. But the claybar really makes a nice surface prior to waxing. Make sure you've got time to wax as I believe it removes the wax too.

Clay instructional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online