Gibson Cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karter

Reaction score
Just a few words about this exhaust system . Overall , the kit is 4 main pieces ,connector pipe the the Y-pipe , muffler , tailpipe, 12" long exhaust tip . Everything is stainless steel ,the muffler is round and of heavy welded construction . The tailpipe as installed extended past the bumper approximately 4" .I removed 7.5" from the tailpipe . 2nd problem was the 12" tip . Installed on the tailpipe to the rear hangar it still extended 2" past the bumper , also 3.5" diameter ,looks out of place . I purchased a 8" long 3" dia. tip and installed this tip to a point just below the bumper . Looks much better . The muffler connections use the standard u-bolt muffler clamps so I will be welding the slip fits once everything settles in . The exhaust has a deeper sound but not loud . Conclusions : easy install but you may need to trim the length of the tailpipe and you may not like the included exhaust tip . also I'm not sure why the front connector pipe wasn't welded to the muffler from Gibson . I've used Magnaflow and Flowmaster kits in the past and the Gibson kit is equal but could have been better for an engineered to fit cat back system .

karter

Reaction score
After living with the Gibson exhaust system for several months it really was louder than I wanted . Finally changed the Gibson muffler with a Magnaflow , much quiter but still has a good tone to it .

Latest posts

Members online