Get a KK while the gettins' good!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, possible replacement is just a car...........

Dave

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Chrysler's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the carmaker is expected to launch a Jeep Liberty replacement in 2013, and it is working on a newly developed nine-speed automatic transmission for its new midsize front-wheel-drive platform. It's designed for hybrid and all-wheel-drive systems, and the Jeep Liberty replacement will ride on this new platform. The 3.2-liter engine Baumhower mentioned is likely a modified version of the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6.

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne told the Detroit Free Press that the new Liberty will "be a Trail-Rated, full-blooded Jeep that has its origins in the architecture of a sports car."

Jeep Liberty Replacement to Use Nine-Speed Transmission, UAW Local Says - KickingTires
2014 Jeep Liberty Spy Photos – News – Car and Driver

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Chrysler's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the carmaker is expected to launch a Jeep Liberty replacement in 2013, and it is working on a newly developed nine-speed automatic transmission for its new midsize front-wheel-drive platform. It's designed for hybrid and all-wheel-drive systems, and the Jeep Liberty replacement will ride on this new platform. The 3.2-liter engine Baumhower mentioned is likely a modified version of the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6.

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne told the Detroit Free Press that the new Liberty will "be a Trail-Rated, full-blooded Jeep that has its origins in the architecture of a sports car."

Jeep Liberty Replacement to Use Nine-Speed Transmission, UAW Local Says - KickingTires
2014 Jeep Liberty Spy Photos – News – Car and Driver

Oh that's horrible...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wait to see what they come up with before jumping to conclusions.

It will either sink, swim or jump. For the sake of TNAP, and what they've been through recently, I hope it at least swims.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait to see what they come up with before jumping to conclusions.

It will either sink, swim or jump. For the sake of TNAP, and what they've been through recently, I hope it at least swims.

I know, but it doesn't sound good to me. But I thought they were going to build it in the Toledo Plant anyway?

Dave

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me very sad. But its more encouragement to drive Jaine until her wheels fall off, then buy new-to-me (since they won't make it anymore) wheels, and drive her into the ground. August 16th will be a very sad day for me and Jaine..

Jeep never fails to disappoint me with their new concepts. I'm curious to see how this "9 speed auto" will work...

Last edited:

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compass and Patriot are going "DODO" too.
2014 Jeep Compass / Patriot Replacement Spy Photos – News – Car and Driver

That article is basically interchangeable with the ones about the Liberty...sounds like there will more or less be a single replacement vehicle, maybe with different trim levels or different AWD systems to differentiate...maybe slightly different sheet metal. Probably a similar approach to what Suburu has always done...

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to mail a letter to Jeep. Its just going to be one piece of paper that has a huge "WTF" written across it..

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats next a hydrogen gasoline hybrid like BMW has, what ever design they go with, jeep needs to offer diesel in all their product line hands down. Just think a (green) trail vehicle.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I know, but it doesn't sound good to me. But I thought they were going to build it in the Toledo Plant anyway?

Dave

They are. This is a good thing, TNAP can get back to work without layoffs and extended shutdowns, etc.

For the sake of the employees' pockets, they can hopefully be like us at JNAP, no shutdowns at all, hah.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are. This is a good thing, TNAP can get back to work without layoffs and extended shutdowns, etc.

For the sake of the employees' pockets, they can hopefully be like us at JNAP, no shutdowns at all, hah.

Ok, it's good that people arn't losing their jobs.

Is there any "inside" news" about the Liberty replacement you can reveal without possibly getting in trouble?

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ok, it's good that people arn't losing their jobs.

Is there any "inside" news" about the Liberty replacement you can reveal without possibly getting in trouble?

Dave
I don't know anything other than 3.2L Pentastar and 9 Speed Automatic.

But then again, we all knew that.

"KL" will be interesting.

Latest posts

Members online