Fuel Tracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the posts about getting the best milage I decided a while back that I'd begin to track my MPG (figured from the milage via trip odometer and gallons filled from the station). I wanted to figure out a few things, first was to get a base line of my vehicle now before the lift, to see just how much of a difference it will make, and also to see if I seem to be losing milage or am I pretty consistant.

I tracked 25 fillups of 87 fuel, data is as follows:
Total Gallons 328.5
Average: 17.53 (jumps to 17.82 w/o towing trip in calculations)
High: 18.92
Low: 12.74 (while towing)
Low: 16.90 (non towing)

Driving is typically highway (65miles one way to work, 95% highway) at speeds of 75-85mph. Low MPG was taken from a recent trip towing ~5000lbs (car/auto transport trailer) doing ~3500rpm/~80 (od locked out) in a very hilly area of central PA/NY. It'll be interesting (for me at least) to see how this changes with the lift/tires installed.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better than I ever get, I think the transmissions in the later libbys get better mileage, oh well, that mileage is not too bad at all. \:D/

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a notebook I keep in the Liberty that I track Date, gallons used, price per gallon, cost, and mileage. I probably have 10 full-ups since dec 10th :) so it will be a while before i have any decent data, but I do know my 05 only gets like 13.7 MPG at best but it's almost all city driving...

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw 22/23 when I was on the highway in 6th, cruise control on and I feathered it up and down until I got the max mpg on the evic (around 2200rpm, 65mph). Normally closer to 18/19 if I'm driving nicely, 14-16 if I lead-foot on the green lights :)

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13.7 seems a bit low

my first tank of gas with my 05 that i got around a month ago was around 15-16mpg, 95% city driving. I'm pretty happy with it.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup that will be my first complaint to the dealer when i take it in for the first service....from what i have been reading there may be a new flash available that adjusts the computers to get better mileage than what I am getting now...

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know its off topic but the transmission seems a bit sloppy when it's not warmed up. other than that i love this truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.