Fuel Rail Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDrizzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've stumbled onto this forum while searching for a troubleshoot to an issue I've been having. Seems like a great community so I will definitely be staying here. Anyways, I've been having a rough go with my 2012 Liberty over the past month. I've been receiving several error codes saying that my 3rd cylinder is misfiring.. I've been noticing that my Jeep stutters while on the highway and the acceleration is abysmal for a short time after I notice the stuttering. I've noticed that on the fuel rail the right side is capped at the end and on the left it is completely open at the end. The end of the rail appears to have dark colored ring to is as if there was possibly a cap previously? Just wondering if this could be the issue for the difficulties I'm noticing on the highway or not. Thanks in advance for any help!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A picture would really help me visualize what you see.

Meanwhile, if there is any chance your fuel rail is leaking gas from that open end, don’t try driving it! :eek:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you would have smelt leaking gas by now and would have had bad fuel consumption!

Best to swap over cyl #3 coil pack with another coil pack to see if error moves and then swap over the injector.

Also check the plugs are in good shape and gapped correctly.

SDrizzy

Reaction score
This is the highlighted piece in question.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the view from the right side, it has an end cap welded to it:

And this is the left side that is in question:

There's a dark ring on the very end that would lead me to suspect that something was once there covering the end like the right side.

There is a mopar sticker on the piece in question but it has yielded no results when I look it up.
2699AE

Any response is greatly valued and thank you for the previous responses as well.