Fuel gage acting strange after fuel pump install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plasterman5000

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm just now digging into this problem with the fuel gage. First, I'll chat about the timeline of it. About a month ago I replaced the fuel pump in my 2007 jeep liberty. The fuel pump I put in was from a different vehicle, a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The housing was different so I just swapped the guts and installed it. Everything was fine for about 2 weeks of driving (maybe 2000 miles tops) when one day I start the Jeep and all is well, then after about 30 seconds into idle the gas alert dings, gas light comes on, and the gage drops to empty. It's still running fine so I keep on plugging and just don't pass any gas stations without pulling in and topping it off.So now I'm at another 2 weeks of it doing the same thing so I went and pulled yet another fuel pump from an 06 jeep liberty and swap the entire thing.. After install I go and start it and it does the same exact thing. So I'm at the very beginning of the trouble shooting process. Any tips or recommendations to save some time would be awesome..Thanks in advance!!

Plasterman5000

Reaction score
You were right.. I didn't visually see a pin pushed back, nonetheless, I unplugged, gave each pin a tug, plugged back in and viola, back to good...Thank you greatly!!!