Fuel Filter Change Cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear it's a little tough to do on the Libby. Just wondering how much do you think it will cost to get my fuel filter changed at the stealership?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends,about $200-$300 would be normal cost,more if you have a rear hitch and/or gas tank skid.

Also (if I remember correctly) that in '04-'05 they got rid of the external fuel filter all together and the fuel pump would have to be replaced to change the fuel filter.

twindmax

Reaction score
If I recall, the filter and a few hoses is about $45-50 at autozone. I got on to check a few things for when I come home. One of the things I am researching is if people changed the filter setup to something easier and cheaper.

On a 2002 they may have an internal filter, but there is a small black filter on top of the fuel tank. It would take dropping the tank to get it off.

I for one, would not pay a lot to have it done when it is just a fuel filter.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure atleast for the 05-07s they have the in tank filter that is suppose to be "lifelong" or 100k and it is part of the pump/sending unit.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I might be thinking of something else, but aren't the KJ's sending units accessible from the inside through a cover above the gas tank? Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember someone saying that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.