Frustrated? Rant about it here! (no flaming please)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 4Factor, Oct 18, 2004.

1. 04RkMtnKJ

04RkMtnKJ Full Access Member

Only on mornings I HAVE to wake up I do. I dont make it a point to wake up and listen.

2. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

who is Bob and Tom?... (Aeh)

(rant)

piles of damn snow
    my damn back hurts from the constant shoveling due to the parking being on the plow side. constanly having to tie thos damn winter boots

did I mention shoveling.....

(end Rant)

3. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

Bob and Tom are HILLARIOUS! I try to listen to them in the mornings from like 6-7 (kinda doze on and off though) and on the drive to work 7:30-7:45. Either that or i'd have to listen to John Boy and Billy.......yikes

4. Bennett

Bennett Active Member Administrator

Here's bob and tom's website, you can listen to them on the web if you don't get the channel.

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm

It's hard to explain, but the show is just down right funny.

They have a lot of funny skits they play.

Bennett

5. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

You have to pay to listen to them on the net.....and see them :(

6. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

I checked their website to see what station they might be playing.......
    nothing that will reach me over here....
    way upstate in NY
    and in NJ..its only in AC....

maybe someone can tape a bit, and post it up for us folks that dont get to hear them...

7. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

What you get if you sign up to be a VIP member is streaming access to see their studio cam, and hear them online....with out AS MANY commericals. Also, you get full access to the archives....which have hundreds of songs performed by their band as well as the big people in the music biz.

ALSO, if you are a VIP you can download the ENTIRE 4 hr show off their site onto your computer. So perhaps if someone is a VIP member, they could save it to their computer then link it up here???

8. grogiefrog

grogiefrog Full Access Member

Bad Drivers

Last Thursday night, I was on a two-lane road. I was driving 5 to 10 over the speed limit, and this punk kid in a pos Pontiac decides to pass me on the right in a turn only lane that was ending, which caused me to have to brake to let him in front of me. If I was in my Honda, I would have let him hit me. But I doubt he had insurance by the look of his car...

Then just yesterday, I was driving home and within ten miles there were three cases in which I had to avoid having someone else hit me.

First, I am about to make a right turn when an old guy makes a sharp left turn in front of me onto the road that I was on and cuts me off. I had to pull to the far right or else he would have clipped my front bumper.

Second, a dumb young chick in a pos Neon was going well over the speed limit and was driving down a turn only lane. I had to break to allow her to finish going around me in order to make a right turn myself. I'm sure that the stupid chick didn't even know that the lane that she was in was for right turns only.

Then, I am driving along and a mini van is about to make a right turn on the road that I am on. Her vision is cut off by a vehicle in front of me that was turning right onto the road that she is on. The mini van pulls out anyway without being able to see. I had to hit the gas hard to get in front of her otherwise she would have hit me. I bet that she didn't even realize that.

zx11pissed.gif

9. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

reading ur post got me me steaming too....
    i cant stand ignorant/idiotic/stupid/careless/wreckless/andothernegativeadjectives drivers.

i aint the perfect driver...and im sure i've had my fair share of annoying others off, but it's mostly cuz they annoyed me first...LOL

anyway, i hear ya man..i had a few close calls yesterday on some livery cabbies doing their thing....one almost turned into me, cuz he was going to a u turn w/o looking, had to swerve real fast, another stopping in middle of the road just to let someone off.......another (just a normal car) overtaking me, only to cut back across 3 lanes to turn.....(why couldnt this person just go behind everyone else is beyond me)...... ](*,)

10. yoda13

yoda13 Full Access Member

I have observed some idiotic driving lately as well. I with you guys, I am not a perfect driver at all, but idiotic drivers steam me as well. ](*,)

11. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

I agree with silver in that i've made some mistakes as well, but the main problem is those damned cell phones that seemed to be magneticaly charged to their ears.

Just today, on the way back from waiting in line at the laser wash for 45 MINUTES I sat through an entire green light cause of some air-head in an X-Terra yakin on the damn phone.

and it was a long red light too. It's even longer when you have to sit through it TWICE!!!!!! (banghead)

BTW, it must have been an intresting phone conversation, as I was laying on the horn for a solid 3 minutes and she didn't move untill the light turned yellow and she gunned it.

12. bigfella

bigfella Full Access Member

She did that to you on purpose. People think they are doing something cool when they do that crap. Wait until they do that at a light with a camera and get that running a red light ticket...

13. yoda13

I hate it when people do that. ](*,)

14. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

slow ass ford fiesta on the fast lane..going 5 mph slower than speed limit....
    almost up on his ass, was highbeaming him....nice spot almost next to him...
    wtf...get the hell outta the passing lane....finally, car next to me switched lanes to exit....and finally passed him along with 4 other cars behind me.....sheeeeeez

15. yoda13

There is almost always one of those out. [-X

16. 2003KJ

2003KJ Member

Try passing a guy on a moped in the same conditions!

Well, I've noticed that alot of people driving x-terra's seem to be stupid like that.

Another example, I was on my way to an appoint about 2 weeks after I purchased the Liberty. Runnin about 65mph on a 3 lane highway, when all of a sudden I round the corner and the woman in front of me (in an x-terra ironically) has come to a COMPLETE STOP in the MIDDLE OF THE BUSY HIGHWAY (this was morning rush hour traffic), so let somebody onto the highway who has a yeild sign to wait for us. I was barely able to stop in time (couldn't swerve to another lane, too much traffic) and I just sat there, again on the horn, and watching the people in my rear view mirror do the exact same thing, only they cut others off to get around this moron (i ended up doing the same)

At the next traffic light i pulled right up next to her, rolled down the window as she had hers down already and I just let her have it. I believe I started the conversation with "who had that f*****g yeild sign, us or them?, and ended with some random swears before pulling away. That is the ONLY time I have let my road rage get out of control. You have to really piss me off in order for me to go crazy like that.

17. grogiefrog

There was a car ahead of me recently that was driving like they were on the phone. So I went around him and noticed that it was just an old guy!

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

18. yoda13

Hey, one day we will all hopefully be old guys \:D/

19. grogiefrog

Yoda - I can't wait. That means retirement! wink.gif

20. yoda13

yes, by that time, we will have earned it! (Cheers)