Frustrated? Rant about it here! (no flaming please)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 4Factor, Oct 18, 2004.

1. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

hey Blu, which phone is that LG?...

rant:
    :sleepy3:

2. grogiefrog

grogiefrog Full Access Member

My first cell phone plan was 30 minutes for $30 a month. The out of network calls (which was anywhere outside of town was $0.99 cents a minute).

The phone was a bag phone that plugged into the car for power. It was something else being in the Colorado Rockies while camping and being able to make a call. Now it's not a big deal of course.

I just got my wife and I a shared plan, with two really nice, small, free phones. So along with installing a cable modem, I cancelled our home phone.

3. BluPhant

BluPhant Full Access Member

VX7000. I did a boatload of research on them before I got this one. This is actually the one I wanted all along, but was going to settle for a 6000 because of the added expense. Fortunately (in retrospect) I decided, a couple months ago (for financial reasons), to postpone upgrading. It's a good thing I did -- got the 2 of the VX7000s for the same price I would have paid for the VX6000s. Nice promo now, buy one get up to 4 free.

On the phone, it's got a cam phone on it that swivels, and has a full-color external display too. The inside one is one of the newer (faster refresh) screens, so it looks way better and brighter than most. I'm actually very happy with it thus far (less than a week in) - it's very easy to use, and has some nice features. Lacks a speakerphone and bluetooth, neither of which I really care about.

Grogie- Not far behind ya. never had a bag phone, but this account has been active since the early 90s. Cant even tell ya how many phones we've been thru in the course of time, and for that matter, how many different names the cel phone company has changed to.

Unfortunately, because of the location of my home (bout 1 1/2 blocks off the Long Island Sound) the towers in Connecticut and the Long Island towers compete with each other, and it ends up that neither win. So I get little or no reception (tho with the new LG, I have actually successfully completed one call from home!) so we are unable to discountinue home phone service. Just found a kickass deal tho... SBC hooked me up with a crazy package that has damn near everything, caller id, voicemail, all the *69 stuff, like every feature u can get and unlimited local/long distance for like $48/mo. So it's not horrible.

Later-

-Blu

4. Bennett

Bennett Active Member Administrator

I want one of those Motorola Moto Razr phones!

Those are pretty cool. Most importantly to me its got bluetooth functionality, for use with my pda/computer.

Bennett

5. grogiefrog

Blu, in the Colorado Rockies, I could usually get a signal from the front range as long as I wasn't behind a mountain. The signal would be weak of course. Yes, a bag phone. It would have been funny to keep it! It was about a 9" x 9" black bag. I was cool... camping with a phone! O:)

6. yoda13

yoda13 Full Access Member

The Razr is awesome. I would love to have a phone with bluetooth as well, but alas, I have another year on my contract and don't want to shell out the dollars for a new phone.

7. grogiefrog

I bought my wife and I a shared cell phone plan, $59.99 a month. I just saw my first month's bill. There were almost $14 collected for taxes and regulations. What about the right to free speech? How can they tax me for talking on the phone?

That's my rant for the day. Thank you for listening.

8. yoda13

Yeah, that sux, and the taxes have gone up quite a bit since I got my contract....wonder how much they will go up this year? ](*,)

9. fouros

fouros Full Access Member

i have a sony ericsson p900

best phone i have ever had, touch screen blue tooth, ir plays movies with a sony memory stick port

and work pays for the calls

10. yoda13

Man, if I recall you correctly, work also pays for the KJ. I need your job \:D/

11. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

I like VZW's LG's. I have read from cell phone forums, that Verizon has LG's best line....I carry around an LG 4400b, nice phone, kinda thick, but, i pretty much know it inside and out (literally, i call it franken cell, the top portion is from an older 4400, which got effed up due to rage when i was setting up server 2k3 for a client, the current one i have which is the my third one, had a messed up ear piece or speaker, so i dismantled it, and hooked up the top piece of my older 4400) great too, I can add ring tones (hacked mp3's even) pics and hacked GIN apps (if ur interested, pick up future dials cable for it, and ithink the program I use supports your phone)

saw the Razr up close today, kick ass phone...

12. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

[rant]
    so i went to deposit my paycheck today....
    new bank teller, cute as hell....

only now did I realize she was blatanly sending me signals....sheez....
    ](*,)
    stealing glances....when we caught eye contact she'd smile...
    and to top it off she said my name (which no one really pronoounces right)
    in a nice sultry way..... ](*,) ](*,) \:D/ (a thing bank tellers normally dont do....)

ah well...at least i know which branch i'm going to when I recieve some invoices.......

it's the haircut...my gay boss commented on it when I saw him , and then that mere minutes after the fact.....i love my new barber....

[/rant]

13. yoda13

nice to see this thread revived again \:D/

However, how is meeting a new gurl cause for a rant :-k Or were you ranting because you didn't pick up on it right away? :-k

14. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

yep, my senses are all outta whack, and while this was happening i was thinking about it, but, yeh, it didnt really hit me till i a few hours later...

hope she's there in a week or 2

15. yoda13

good luck :alien:

16. yoda13

this isn't really a rant, but it kind of is. So this weekend I hooked up with an old friend that I went to high school with. We were just friends in high school, but that was ten years ago. We ran into each other in a restaurant earlier this week and decided to go out last night. It really well, and she came over again tonight. I am really into her, and vice versa. But she has joined the Air Force and goes to boot camp at the end of March. Just my luck, huh ](*,)

But I am going to enjoy my time with her and not worry about it. Two months hanging out together is better than not ever being a part of each other's lives at all. But I just wanted to lament it anyway.

17. grogiefrog

A she friend! Nice.

If I were still single, I would like to run into a few of my old "friends". If for any reason to know what kind of guy that they ended up with (or without as it may be). But no other reason now as my wife tops them all.

Well, the Air Force isn't forever. I have a cousin who is married to a chick in the Air Force. They live in Germany and he's a stay at home dad.

18. jackie

jackie Full Access Member

car wash people

Yesterday, since it was sunny, I took the heep to the car wash. While I was watching it get washed, some lady asked me if that black "car" was mine and if i liked it.

So, I said, "of course I like it. it is a great jeep."

Then she said, "ohhhhew", in a snotty tone.

Then I said, "Why do you ask?"

She said,"because my friend has one and I don't like it."

I didn't know what to say after that. So I ignored her.... sort of. I overheard her talking to her kids about how bad the ride is in the back seat of those cars.

I know that a shiny new jeep decked out like mine will draw some attention, but I never expected to get insulted. I didn't even know this lady. What was her problem??? Some people really have nerve! I mean, she was driving a neon blue Jetta with a cracked bumper. Who does she think she is? AHHH! ](*,)

19. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

Re: car wash people

Sounds like her kids were begging her to dump the Jetta for a superior vehicle.

As for the ride in the backseat, well, it's definitely quite harsh back there.

Don't worry. The Jeep Gods will take care of her. ;) I'm sure there's somebody out there who doesn't like the Jetta. She won't be too pleased when somebody doesn't "like" her car.

20. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

funny..most ppl that have ridden in the back seat has complemented the comfy ride...(tho without it's caveats) but more so on the positive than the negative.....(negative due mostly for my driving).....

well anyway, to my rant....
    went back to the afformentioned bank branch....and..she wasnt there..... ](*,)