Frustrated? Rant about it here! (no flaming please)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 4Factor, Oct 18, 2004.

1. 4Factor

4Factor Full Access Member

it's late, I'm tired, and I've had a long and rough day, need to spout off about something, so here goes.. at no-one in particular

<RANT - cuz it has to be said>

I am so f-ing sick of all the KJ'ers out there who whine about the fuel economy of their Liberty. Damn you people all to hell for wasting all the bandwidth whining about something you knew full well about before buying the friggin vehicle. God so help me to not hunt down and slap them upside the head the next person who whines "my KJ only gets XXmpg... just like the EPA says it's supposed to... why is it so low?". We're all in the same situation people, we all drive vehicles that have slightly worse mpg ratings than most cars. If you don't like it, then why the hell did you buy an SUV? And why-o-why didn't you read the damn window sticker before buying (or look up the numbers for those that bought used). You can't honestly expect me to believe that you're suprised at the mileage now can you. So quit with the mpg posts and quit wasting my time with your nonsense.

</RANT>

Ahhh.. all better... time for bed! cya all tomorrow! \:D/

2. yoda13

yoda13 Full Access Member

For some reason, your post made me feel better, despite the fact that I am one of the ones that has complained on here about gas mileage :-k

3. fouros

fouros Full Access Member

i'm not complaining but i dont have to pay for my fuel

4. yoda13

Lucky you! How did you manage that little gem?

5. fouros

Its called a fully maintained company vehicle =D> but i'm gonna buy my KJ when its time to upgrade I have only had it a couple of months and I dont wanna part with it

6. BluPhant

BluPhant Full Access Member

[rant]I'm so pissed at the trolls at another board. All you have to do is put IFS in a message, and it seems like all the self-proclaimed "REAL JEEP" people come out of the woodwork.

Why can't we all just get along??

Maybe we should start going on their forums and posting crap without any meaning.
    [/rant]

7. yoda13

Yeah, I know where you are talking about and that is why I mainly just stay here. People are always afraid of change, but that is still no excuse for being an ass. I can only imagine what they are saying abou the new grand cherokee \:D/

My Liberty is just as capabable as my Dad's old Cherokee, maybe more so and it rides a whole hell of a lot better than the Dad's Cherokee....and is more comfortable. Maybe if you spent thousands of dollars the Cherokee would be more capable, but the Libby is starting to get a lot of aftermarket stuff these days....all of those trolls need to get their heads out of their arses.

8. fouros

we should have some fun with them, post stuff like my KJ rocks, XJ Cherokee's Suck, See if we can whip them up into a frenzy \:D/

9. BluPhant

The thread degraded into a discussion about my avatar (a character from the Sifl and Olly show)

Here's what one asshole had to say
    Lovely huh?

I dont think stooping to their level is required. I wish the management on there would handle this stuff better and make an example of people when necessary. I seem to be the only one calling people out.

Sigh.

-Blu

10. grogiefrog

grogiefrog Full Access Member

I had a little fun with those guys attacking the KJ. I kept posting that a Grand was just a Pottery Barn getter. I would see someone posting a photo of their Grand hanging off of a rock, and I would say, "Amazing what you guys do just to get to the Pottery Barn!" They thought I was joking. I wasn't. I see Grands all the time being driven by fat cat older women. My neighbor has a 2000 and it's never seen a dirt road.

11. grogiefrog

grogiefrog Full Access Member

Blu, I just saw all the abuse that you were taking on JU. Wow! You are the man. I love your comments. I'll post one in support of you.

KJ's are cool!

12. fouros

Blu

Those guys are wankers, ( i donno if you use that particular word in the US but you get the drift)

We all know how good the KJ really is,

Keep the faith Mate

13. fouros

I find this KJ bashing a bit odd, In Aus i have wheeled with guys driving Lifted TJ's and Xj's no one bashes the KJ i guess here we gotta contend with toyota and Nissan drivers and all us Jeepers stick together,

In the long run we are jeepers and we take our Kj's out on the trail we get our pinstripes and wear them with honour,

I think these guys that like to have a go at KJ owners and Drivers in that other forum have penile length issues ,

Ok Rant over

KJ's just look to cool over the boxes they drive

14. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

Rant:

doing a 10 hour drive to Canadia with the possibilty of schitty weather......

end rant:

see y'all up north \:D/

15. yoda13

well, at least you get to make the drive in the KJ \:D/ Good luck and enjoy your trip.

16. -=JoN=-

-=JoN=- Member

not really, taking my friends Impala. he just got HID's installed, and he wants to wear out his current set of tires and add that last bit of mileage on his oil....

should be fun tho......we set sail tomorrow... \:D/

17. yoda13

Have fun anyway.

18. BluPhant

Photos foo.bar

So, I go to the local picture place to get an xmas picture. The wife, the dog, the baby, and I..... Almost $200 later, and we have some nice photos (and me frustrated that my wallet is $200 lighter). Unfortunately, the $200 package doesnt include nearly enough prints to send out, so fire up the scanner! I scan the pix in, put em on a CD card, and go over to the local drugstore to get them printed.

Hour later, she hands me the pictures, and the background is PINK instead of white! She tries, in vain, to reprint them more appropriately, but to no avail. I get my $ back, and begin a quest to get these pix printed.

Long/short - 4 stores later, none of them had working equipment. 2 had broken CD drives, one had a 3-day wait for 1-hour photos (!?!?!?!) and another printed a sample pic in pink again. So I go home w/o pictures. Pull up the pix in photoshop - and low and behold, ther is a almost imperceptible pink tint to them. So I color balance it, let photoshop know what WHITE is, and they look a lot better.

So this morning, I run over to Walmart (I still DESPISE walmart, but I brought myself to them since its close to work) - go back 2 hr later, and they've decided not to print my pictures because they're professional. I informed them that I agreed to copyright restrictions on the screen prior to submitting them for developing. They claim they need a release. We go back and forth for a bit, me claiming that my uncle took them in his studio, etc... the chick was unhelpful at best. She still wants a release. This point I'm damn near my boiling point.

Go back to the first drugstore, try again (just 1 print each to verify they're ok) and they're perfect. So hopefully when I leave work today I'll pick them up and be done with it.

What a freakin hassle. Some of it was (obviously) my fault, but DAMN.

<sigh>

-Blu

19. Bennett

Bennett Active Member Administrator

haha blu, sounds like you having quite the time.

Reminds a while back of the hastle I went through when my cell phone died and I had to deal with best buy's customer support about my service plan-what a waste of money btw. Long story short, I spent 5 hours at best buy and despite having a service plan, ended up walking out of the store with a broken phone and ended up going to sprint to get a new one. It sucks cause to use the best buy service plan for a cellphone you have to send your phone in a box and then wait for them to send you a new one. ](*,)

Bennett

20. BluPhant

I just did that. My sucky story is that while my daughter was in the NICU (she was born 3 months early, and spend a couple months in the hospital) - I dropped the wifes cel into a puddle. Not a good idea. My bro gave me an old cel to replace it & I went in & updated my ESN on the website. Apparently I chose the wrong option, kuz when I went to get new phones this year, they were givin me crap, tellin me I already upgraded.

Long/short, after countless calls to the provider, I finally was able to go into a store and get a new phone this past weekend.

[​IMG]

It's actually a good thing that I had to wait... the promo got better while I was waiting. Same price as earlier, better phone. More gooder.

-Blu