Frustrated? Rant about it here! (no flaming please)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 4Factor, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Full Access Member

Great response. I’ve grown a pretty thick skin over the years selling locally to people via various apps like Craig’s list.

People are time wasters.
    Negotiations takes in person. Low ball me to my face. Cash talks. Don’t shop for things you can’t afford. You want cheaper then find cheaper. Etc etc.

That screens out most of the trash.
    The honest guy/nice woman will come along eventually.

The rest - i usually troll them pretty hard when they ask stupid questions. Cheap entertainment

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    profdlp likes this.
  2. boboborino

boboborino Full Access Member

It's equally as bad the other way around, a few years ago was interested in buying something from a seller, made arrangements to view the item so my wife and I drive to the area, then tried to contact the seller several times for the address but no response. wasted time and trip, we were a little pissed.

Bert

Aceofspades likes this.
  3. boboborino

boboborino Full Access Member

I never liked this thread, it's for cry babies! Remember, No Flaming. If one buys a used vehicle, are they not entitled to the service history? When I bought a used Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover had no problem printing me out the Service history. By the way that was by far the worst vehicle we have ever owned, what a piece if shit. Finally traded it in for an audi q5, from a reputable used car dealership, if there is such a thing. Anyway, went to our one and only Audi dealership in town to get the service history, and I get attitude and that they can not give me that info! It's only available to the individual that owned it at the time of service. I called Bullshit, and as the current owner of that vehicle I am entitled to the service history! More attitude and no luck. I said on my way out I will be calling Audi Canada, and I will be getting the service history. Called audi canada, and they said they don't have that info, just warranty info and then later she says they can tell me if a recall is open or not, nothing she said was really making sense! I'm pissed! You would think as a new client/customer the dealership here would have been more courteous to me, even if I am wrong, which I don't think I am. Rant could go on but our take out chinese food just got here, and I'm starving. and the beer is tasting marvelous! Peace out!

turblediesel and ltd02 like this.
  4. sota

sota Full Access Member

Local shop doing tire dismounts for me for $5/wheel. I take the rim and tire back. I'm good with that.
    Talking with the owner, he asks me about my jeep and plowing with it.
    Come to find out: he just bought from a long time customer their jeep liberty. With almost 300k miles on it, still going good. And it's a stick. And 4WD. And an 07. And he paid $200.
    )$(#)%*#)$(#) why can't I get deals like that dropped in my lap!
    Asked him to quote me on on the snow tires I want. I'll impress upon him that if he decides to go a different route for plowing, that I'd be VERY interested in buying that jeep.

5. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

Look, I get it. You want to get your yard work done before football starts at 1:00 PM. But a leaf blower at 8:45 AM on a Sunday?

I work a 2-10 PM shift. 8:45 AM is like 3:45 AM for someone who starts work at 9:00 AM. If I disappear from the forum for twenty-to-life you may all assume that I have finally snapped. (Or just dropped dead. And I am not just being funny here. I have just about had it.)

ltd02 likes this.
  6. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Ya early noisy neighbors. The thing is he gets up early and probably wants to sleep early then too!
    Well...you get home at 10:30pm lets say, & it's payback time!
    Rent one of these bad boys, and just let it run as close to his place as possible for a good long while!
    [​IMG]
    That may give him a hint!..;)

ltd02 likes this.
  7. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

The law will protect my neighbors from me making noise late at night. I lose both ways.

8. LibertyTC

You are allowed up to 11pm, let it run until 11:05 for extra measure.
    Oh and if it was me, I find a buddy with a tractor and a back up beeper and leave it in reverse too LOL..:)

turblediesel likes this.
  9. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Around here, no work can be done until after noon on Sundays. The property 2 doors up from us used to be a house, but now is an adult daycare. Their lawncare company was coming at 8am on Sundays to cut and edge - until my husband complained to the guy running the facility. That stopped immediately, because if my husband complained to the county, they'd get fines and all sorts of crap.

10. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

140 new spam posts. That kind of makes the "view new posts" feature not so useful. Thanks, spammers! You are the early morning leaf-blowers of this forum.

LibertyTC likes this.
  11. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

Yes, spammers. I will send you all my money. And I do mean ALL of it. How about I round it up to a dollar - it will be cheaper to mail than 79 cents in coin.

12. LibertyTC

Annoying aren't they! Not to worry..I quickly eliminated them all.. Bye Bye!

turblediesel, profdlp and ltd02 like this.
  13. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

Thank you, TC. We do appreciate it.

turblediesel and LibertyTC like this.
  14. sota

sota Full Access Member

.... can you put me in your will so I can have your jeep?

turblediesel likes this.
  15. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

^^ I will keep you in mind. By the way, how good are you with evap leak issues?

16. sota

sota Full Access Member

with the vehicle in front of my and a smoke machine, very. :D

17. TorrentIV

TorrentIV Full Access Member

Istg I am going to reroute and recolor every single wire in this bi***, 12 years old and brittle, faded wires (wire looms are like eggshells) are getting on my last nerve

18. TorrentIV

TorrentIV Full Access Member

Also for all these sensors would it kill you to up the wire gauge? I mean you, Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/WTF/Ram/Dodge. I got sausage fingers, and your wires are like hairs.

19. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

No, lady. I cannot remote into your computer and get your email app working so you can fire off an angry message to Cox complaining that your Internet is out. Sorry.

20. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Buzzards!! Crazy circling buzzards!!!